THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 11:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrob View Post
I do not understand this post at all. If you have issues with their design you should post a thread with that as your topic. To post negatives and then add that you do not wish to see rebuttals to it in my update thread is ridiculous. Did it make you feel better?

OMG, Don't be so sensitive. Where's the pics, so we all can learn..!!

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.
Old 08-24-2023, 12:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas t eh View Post
I’m not seeing it, but thanks.
Then prove it to yourself. Jack up the rear end as far as you can to one side. See how much it takes to lift the other tire off of the ground. Now disconnect the end links and do it again. Should be a significant difference if it's doing it's job.

Old 08-24-2023, 03:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas t eh View Post
I’m not seeing it, but thanks.
You are lacking in the visual department!

Old 08-24-2023, 03:15 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
Then prove it to yourself. Jack up the rear end as far as you can to one side. See how much it takes to lift the other tire off of the ground. Now disconnect the end links and do it again. Should be a significant difference if it's doing it's job.
My car 73 Firebird, the Rear bar is mounted differently (far more similar to the front bar) so no chance to do that test
I do understand that In the example here the cars rear bar will twist some as one side drops and the other side raises, and I get that the axel is acting as the fulcrum, it just looks rather ineffective in comparison to the way the front bar functions, I guess with a big enough bar to resist any twisting you can still get what you need.

Again thanks.

Old 08-24-2023, 03:16 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag Star Le Mans View Post
You are lacking in the visual department!
Yup, why I asked in the first place.

Old 08-24-2023, 07:32 PM

I have very thick skin I just prefer not to deal with buffoonery. The post here as well as the previous one you referenced do not have a place in either thread. Attempts to derail threads because of an inability to comprehend a pretty simple design, or ask a smart ass question might be tolerable and acceptable to you but not to me. I'll stick to the groups on fb, when people do it there I can simply block them and not worry about seeing it, apparently moderation doesn't exist here or is more tolerant of feeble minds. It truly is a disease in our society, accommodating and excusing ridiculous behavior until it is considered "normal" and following any sort of guidelines is considered fringe or unacceptable.

On a brighter note it looks like the pic links are now broken and I will unsubscribe from the thread so everyone can go back to their normal routine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=854558

I noticed the OP can get upset quickly.
Here is another example. Post #3 and #4.
Pretty much comes out of nowhere.

One thing I've learned is if you hang around here long enough, you'll likely get your feelings hurt at some point. It comes with the territory.
For me the good by far out weighs the bad.

Old 08-24-2023, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckies76ta View Post
OMG, Don't be so sensitive. Where's the pics, so we all can learn..!!
Judging from your signature there is nothing I could teach you, wow. Great numbers!

Old 08-24-2023, 08:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow.

I read the question about the sway bar and got curious about the physics too but was bummed out the pictures were gone and I couldn't understand something new. Oh well. (Feeble mind and all.)

Moderation here is one of the most consistent and reasonable I have seen, IMO.

On the rare occasion someone tells me I can only ask certain questions, I'm out. I come here to learn and share what (little) I know, and most others are gracious and do the same.

Good luck with your project.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
The Following User Says Thank You to mrennie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2023, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrob View Post
I have very thick skin I just prefer not to deal with buffoonery. The post here as well as the previous one you referenced do not have a place in either thread. Attempts to derail threads because of an inability to comprehend a pretty simple design, or ask a smart ass question might be tolerable and acceptable to you but not to me. I'll stick to the groups on fb, when people do it there I can simply block them and not worry about seeing it, apparently moderation doesn't exist here or is more tolerant of feeble minds. It truly is a disease in our society, accommodating and excusing ridiculous behavior until it is considered "normal" and following any sort of guidelines is considered fringe or unacceptable.

On a brighter note it looks like the pic links are now broken and I will unsubscribe from the thread so everyone can go back to their normal routine
No one likes walking on egg shells when navigating the threads. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Skidmark For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2023, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

IMO,,,a whole lot of over reaction going on here. Holy crap. Relax. Starting reading this thread cause I thought it would be interesting from the title..somebody asks about a swaybar and instead of ignoring it if you don't like it a over reaction ensues ,,arms flailing and I'm taking my pictures with me. Talk about going off the rails.

The Following User Says Thank You to scott70 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2023, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott70 View Post
IMO,,, over reaction ensues ,,arms flailing and I'm taking my pictures with me. Talk about going off the rails.
Exactly. Posted car pics for the adoration and ego stroke, then threw a tantrum when one person didn't follow the plan. Took his toys and went home

66 GTO, 495, M22, Strange S-60 w/4.10
Sold new at Ace Wilson's Royal Pontiac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUHC-Z8xhtg
The Following User Says Thank You to Singleton For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2023, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The BUFOONERY IS on facebook.

Old 08-25-2023, 01:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=854558

I noticed the OP can get upset quickly.
Here is another example. Post #3 and #4.
Pretty much comes out of nowhere.

One thing I've learned is if you hang around here long enough, you'll likely get your feelings hurt at some point. It comes with the territory.
For me the good by far out weighs the bad.
I think the old adage "Don't let the door hit 'ya where the good Lord split 'ya!" might fit here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2023, 01:20 PM

Firstly there was no posting for an ego stroke and adoration, I was specifically asked for update pictures. This is a home garage build, not an expert level restoration, I do not need an ego stroke, nor did I post for one.

I have been on forums for various cars since they became a thing. This is exactly how every thread gets derailed. If you have a technical question, the proper way would have been to start a post in the tech forum , maybe saying; "while reading another post I have a question about xx part and whether it actually works as intended." or something along that line. You are more apt to get a proper reply and be seen by more people with the information you are asking. When you do things as was done here now you wind up with multiple pages or irrelevant information to sift through that have no bearing on the intention of the thread.

I understand that is how a lot feel the forum should operate so I chose to not post further threads. Somehow people think I am the problem because I do not agree with the Wild West philosophy, that is fine as well but if you think any of this has hurt my feelings or I am angrily throwing a fit you are mistaken, I just choose for my topics to not be further fodder for it after this one. It truly is interesting to watch unfold though.

Old 08-25-2023, 01:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I want to personally thank you for your suggestions as to how the forum should work as defined by you and the examples of other site's forums! As a relative newby on this site, it is refreshing to read opposing views from a newcomer.

That being said, IF you review the rules of this forum one can easily see what is allowed and what is restricted. I am not a moderator for this site but simply a member who has garnered a huge amount of information from other members over the years who post and comment here. The amount of knowledge and experience found here from other members as well as the Ames Performance staff is awesome.

On a different note: How do you like that 12 bolt rear cover and have you found yet that it does support/ protect the rear assembly?

Old 08-25-2023, 03:00 PM
Senior Chief

But I didn’t want an answer specifically so as not to derail the thread, you took offence to my request for no responses and started the downhill spiral.

What ever you decide is fine with me, but I was not trying to get under your skin or chase you off.

Best wishes for you, your family and your car build.

Facebook sucks, I hope that’s not where you feel you have to end up.

The moderaters around here are pretty good, I bet we could get the whole thread deleted. Or get everything deleted back to my first post and my post, then you relink the pictures, I’ll stay out of thread entirely,.

Send Stuart or b-man a PM I’m sure they would help

Last edited by nas t eh; 08-25-2023 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-25-2023, 05:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This one's gone far enough off the rails. Apologies to chaosrob.

Closed Thread