THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default OVERULD Is Getting A New Kidney

I have a hereditary condition called Chronic Renal Insufficiency that has finally developed into End Stage Renal Disease. My kidney function is at 15% and the next step would be dialysis. But, praise be to God, my sweet sister has agreed to give me one of her kidneys and this coming Friday, the 11th, I will receive a kidney transplant!

Long day of surgery coming, about 4-6 weeks of recovery, and a lifetime taking very expensive immunosuppressant drugs, but sure beats dialysis for 4-6 hours a day for three days a week while trying to run a business.

I would appreciate your prayers and encourage all of you to sign your donor card. Lots of people needing kidneys, livers, hearts, lungs, corneas, pancreas and other parts none of us will need when we are gone.

Thanks,
BJ

Old 04-06-2014, 10:25 PM
Suspended

Default OVERRULD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERULD View Post
I have a hereditary condition called Chronic Renal Insufficiency that has finally developed into End Stage Renal Disease. My kidney function is at 15% and the next step would be dialysis. But, praise be to God, my sweet sister has agreed to give me one of her kidneys and this coming Friday, the 11th, I will receive a kidney transplant!

Long day of surgery coming, about 4-6 weeks of recovery, and a lifetime taking very expensive immunosuppressant drugs, but sure beats dialysis for 4-6 hours a day for three days a week while trying to run a business.

I would appreciate your prayers and encourage all of you to sign your donor card. Lots of people needing kidneys, livers, hearts, lungs, corneas, pancreas and other parts none of us will need when we are gone.

Thanks,
BJ
Good luck and God Bless you and your sister. Regards Joe Furlong

Old 04-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Consider it done.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

I wish you and your wonderful sister the best.

You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Already a donor....prayers are on tap.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:02 AM
Senior Chief

Prayers sent for you and your sister. I signed up for the donor program a few years back. I realized how important it was when my now deceased sister in law needed a liver transplant.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:03 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Quote:

Thanks,
BJ
What a sister!

Old 04-07-2014, 07:32 AM
Senior Chief

All the best BJ,

I worked with a bloke many years ago that donated a kidney to his brother, it seemed that in no time he was back at work, and both he and his brother were 100%.
Seemed almost too quick!

Old 04-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What a great sister you have. Hope you both recover quickly.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:42 AM
Senior Chief

Great news. Wishing you and your sister a speedy recovery.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, Be strong BJ! You have great family support!

Old 04-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:

Thanks,
BJ
Bless your sister for donating a kidney. I went through genetic renal failure (FSGS), as well, for 30 years and finally had to have a transplant. My sister also donated her kidney to me, and April 23rd will be my 10th anniversary of the transplant. And, yes, most of my disposable income goes toward medication rather than my hot rods, but it's worth it. If you ever have questions, or would like to talk about it, you're welcome to contact me anytime. I also do volunteer work for the transplant center here counseling pre- and post-operative patients, and I've found it really helped me with my own recovery process. Best wishes to you and your family and for a speedy recovery (get up and walking as soon as you can, even a couple of steps, after surgery).

Pontiac-Powered Funny Car:
400 block, Littlefield 8-71 blower, Enderle injection,
custom blower intake, three-disc glide clutch, three-speed Lenco

Old 04-07-2014, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's great news!

Good luck and have a quick recovery.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 04-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good luck. Prayers sent.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:19 AM

I just celebrated my third tear Feb 21. I was on dialysis for a year. What a drag. You never really feel good. Thank God you don't have to go thru it. Finally my wife tested and she was a perfect match. We had our surgeries at Washington Hospital Center which is well known for their transplant center. My wife's kidney was removed and she was home the next day. My transplant went great and I have such a small scar that I have to tell most doctors where it is. I was home in 4 days. Both of us are doing great.

I pray that you and you're sister do well. Jon

Old 04-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thats great news BJ......Thoughts for the best outcome and recovery....for both of you!

Old 04-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

God bless and sending prayers Sisters are like angels

Old 04-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Suspended

Best wishes for you and your sisters' quick recovery.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Prayed one up for your sister & you to have good healing and health. HIS

So, you're going to owe her, big time huh.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Best of luck and hope you have a speedy recovery. Your sister must be really special!!