Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 09-27-2023, 04:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"Snake oil" or not. I use it for dry starts, I like the way it makes the oil stick to metal. You can feel it when you take a engine apart.
Its in everything I drive and has been for many years,
It was in my 455 that made more passes down the track than just about any other one I know of. I mean, when I took my distributor out of the 455 the BOP gear looked new. And that was after 12 years of beating on that engine.
And since I have never blown up a engine, much less spun a rod bearing or blown a head gasket I am going to say it does not hurt your engine.
I have some Lucas 10-30 race oil to put in the engine after its done breaking it. It will get the stabilizer as well as Prolong just like I have always done.
If its not broke, do not fix it. My 3000,000 mile Honda gets it too.
I also have 12 quarts of Shaffers 10-30. If I use it it will not get the Lucas Stabilizer. That oil comes with its own additive package that it sticky in its own right. Has molly in it too. You can buy it by itself but Shaffers does not recommend it for use in their own oil. Told me you can have too much molly in the oil if you do.
I am just happy after all this time and effort putting this stroker together, no leaks ! Sounds good, no rattles even with .006 piston to wall. Can not hear any excess lifter lash after original setting and the oil filter was clean.
So far, so good. Guy who runs our track told me he will open it up just so I can go out and make some runs. Maybe I will take a few buddys with me.
Can not pass up a free test and tune !

Old 09-27-2023, 04:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What is a K&P filter?

Old 09-27-2023, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twister View Post
What is a K&P filter?
A SS mesh reusable oil filter. FFA approved.

https://kandpengineering.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 19-22-24 K and P Engineering.png
Views:	31
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	620676