Old 03-30-2018, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

remy, when you say all 4 springs, do you mean 4 on a single mounting plate?

Mine aren't here to look at, but from my pix, I only see 2 spring pockets/rivets per plate.

You might want to check with these guys to see if they will sell you the rivets and "rivet setting tool" only.

http://www.melrosecorvette.com/corre...-setting-tool/

I'm assuming the springs for the '58-'62 Corvette are different, the "hook" for the rivet attachment is offset, I'm guessing the spring for the '64 GTO is attached in the center?

But the same rivets likely would work.

Haven't looked to see what the Ames springs look like.

Obviously you won't need all the other parts in the Corvette kit.

I'm assuming you want to restore your mounting plates rather than buy used ones in good shape? Seems like a lot of work and if 3 of your buckets aren't correct, wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to source some serviceable complete headlight assemblies?

Keep us posted if you are successful repairing them.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If you are just trying to do it on the cheap, you could likely install the springs with a sheet metal screw from the spring side into the plate to secure them. You'll lose originality but don't see why that wouldn't work.