THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Bought my first Ford a 2001 F350 dually with a 7.3 auto 4 years ago and bought my first Dodge a month ago, 2014 Charger Pursuit with a 5.7. Never thought I would own either. Still have a 04 Bonneville and 08 Grand Prix. I'll never sell my 81 Chevy C20 or 85 K5 Blazer even both are rusty.

1969 GTO - 461, turbo 400, Continental 13", 3.08 gears. - 12.59 e.t. @ 108.43 mph, 1.898 60'

1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme- 461, turbo 350, PTC 3500 converter, 9" 3:50 gears. = 11.39 e.t. @ 117.55 mph, 1.599 60' on E85
Old 08-05-2018, 10:01 PM
Suspended

Somebody over there at GM needs a good hard slap. Many people, in fact. What a disgrace.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Boost Engineer

The TRI-POWER name is a slam at every Pontiac owner after they killed the Brand on Pontiac and Olds Vehicles.

Sad.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

By using a 4 cyl in a truck they're trying to squeeze out ever ounce of mileage from the engine.

By using the moniker Tri Power they're trying to squeeze the last ounce of advertising out of the previously named Pontiac induction system.

By killing off the Pontiac brand they squeezed me out of their customer base forever, Karma sucks GM......

We have a shirt for that too, I have the shirt on right now!!!!!!!!!

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 08-06-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72projectbird View Post
I liked the square wheel wells.

Dodge is killing GM. They're killing them in the advertisement department too. While GM runs these ridiculous ads with that limp wristed host, Dodge is showing Hellcats ripping around cities and their trucks actually working.
I saw pictures of the square wheel wells, I did not like them, but in person, I like them too....

in My opinion, GM is catering to the high end buyer, not the common working folk that live paycheck to paycheck. Most likely because all the designer/planner folks are high $$ salaried folks also....

I was really underwhelmed when the 100 year anniversary pickup came out, although in full size AND the Colorado version..the full size is one version only, maxed out on options, 4WD, sticker 54,000.00 no version that Joe Public can afford.....

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 08-06-2018, 01:04 PM
Senior Chief

Such sad commentary from GM. Wonder why 70's-90s GM trucks hold a value.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

At least we still have Super Duty. Oh wait, Ford stole that.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
At least we still have Super Duty. Oh wait, Ford stole that.
Actually Pontiac stole that from ford trucks, they had it in I believe 1958.....

That's the old ford super duty hood scoop rearward facing, that Pontiac bought from ford, and faced it frontward and changed the part number on it. Along with the hood scoop they took the name too.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 08-06-2018, 04:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes, GM is wringing every last drop of history out of Pontiac. Sad, if GM had let Pontiac run, instead of hamstringing them all the time, Chevy would have been the division they killed. GM just made sure Chevy got every advantage, kind of like a favorite child while Pontiac had to improve on what they were given.

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 08-06-2018, 05:53 PM
Suspended

Even being a Pontiac guy, I don't see how this is a slap in the face specifically to Pontiac and its fans, considering there were a lot of tri-power Chevrolets and some Oldsmobiles as well. It's a slap to all of them.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There is a good chance the millennial moron Jr. Engineers at Chevy thought they invented the name Tri-Power. They probably had no idea it was used in the past by Pontiac and for that matter, may not know what a Pontiac is.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Should have been Try-power.

4 cylinder turbocharged motor that uses cylinder deactivation to run on only 2 cylinders?

Um, okay.
X 2. A two cylinder engine pushing a 4,500 lb truck?

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 08-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
A REAL Tri-Power....

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 08-06-2018, 09:17 PM

Please excuse me while I step aside and vomit.

Old 08-07-2018, 01:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I was done with GM after they killed off Pontiac cars and trucks after the 4x4 with a solid front axel . At least I have my GTO and 1988 K5 Blazer.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
By using a 4 cyl in a truck they're trying to squeeze out ever ounce of mileage from the engine.

By using the moniker Tri Power they're trying to squeeze the last ounce of advertising out of the previously named Pontiac induction system.

By killing off the Pontiac brand they squeezed me out of their customer base forever, Karma sucks GM......

We have a shirt for that too, I have the shirt on right now!!!!!!!!!

After the way GM treated the Pontiac division, for most of it's existence, I really didn't need yet another reason to NEVER EVER buy a GM product. But they just gave me another one anyway. OK, marketing department, Jr. engineers and sales department. Lets think this through together. We want to sell lots of new trucks. Lets first steal a name tied forever to a division we purposely killed off. That name stood for a specific performance option for the highest output engines of the day. Now we will take that stolen name and apply it to the smallest 4-cylinder engine ever installed in a full size truck. The rationale for using the name makes no sense at all in any way, no matter how it is explained. But we will apply this basterdi$$ed name anyway to further denigrate the history and legacy of GM's best division and most dedicated owners. "that's the way to sell more trucks", Brilliant!!. 90% of the people who will buy these trucks have no idea what Tri-Power is or was. So what was the point? I guess just to piss off the few thousand Pontiac fans still alive. Mission accomplished.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hmmmmm. Maybe a Tri Power shirt to throw it back in their faces, AGAIN, Whatdya think?

Maybe find a guy that does business with GM so he can wear it to one of their meetings, it's happened before, as a few of us know. ……………..

It could read like this;

TRI POWER, BY PONTIAC, IT AIN"T IN A 4 CYLINDER CHEVY TRUCK !!!!!

Nice big illustration of a Tri Power manifold and carbs with chrome air cleaners on it...………………….interesting...……….

I know it means absolutely nothing to GM, but throwing it back in their faces feels good...……………………..LOL

Little tag down in the corner, "Designed by the Pontiac Resistance, to be worn proudly."

1984 Grand Prix

Old 08-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Every time I try to just "let it go", they come up with some crap like this. Why not go all the way and put little decals on the front fenders that say "Ram Air II" pointing to the twin piston front brake calipers? What's the difference. Or how about "GTO" emblems for "Grand Truckster Overlord"? Makes about the same sense.

Old 08-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Hmmmmm. Maybe a Tri Power shirt to throw it back in their faces, AGAIN, Whatdya think?

Maybe find a guy that does business with GM so he can wear it to one of their meetings, it's happened before, as a few of us know. ……………..

It could read like this;

TRI POWER, BY PONTIAC, IT AIN"T IN A 4 CYLINDER CHEVY TRUCK !!!!!

Nice big illustration of a Tri Power manifold and carbs with chrome air cleaners on it...………………….interesting...……….

I know it means absolutely nothing to GM, but throwing it back in their faces feels good...……………………..LOL

Little tag down in the corner, "Designed by the Pontiac Resistance, to be worn proudly."
If I was doing a new T-shirt, I would have a picture of a beautiful Tri-power that said "This is Tri-power". Then I would have a second picture of that butt ugly 4-banger that says, "This is a warranty claim" "Learn the Difference"

Old 08-07-2018, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Man, some of you really took it personal when Pontiac S.T.B.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National