Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2019, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Sounds like an awesome ride. I'd love to see a video of that 302!

I had my 505 rebuilt here in Spokane by a local guy with a good reputation, it was only $850 labor. So far so good, I've got about 1500 miles on it and no issues to date. We reused the rods, pistons, and cometic head gaskets but switched to a hydraulic roller, and I think it was about $2500 total.
That's a pretty darn good build for the money. And the neat thing about Pontiacs when you get into the bigger CI like that is they have no short supply of torque which makes them extremely fun to drive.

Switching to a hydraulic roller gets spendy, and that's something that I generally do on builds here, but because of the nature of the DZ I wanted to keep that as it was intended with the solid flat tappet so it makes all the right noises..

My own Pontiac I stuck with the stock hydraulic flat tappet for the simple reason of conforming to a rules package and trying to make the car go as quick as I could with stock parts. Otherwise that thing would definitely be a stroker with a roller cam, and it may very well end up that way in the future.