THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-17-2020, 06:15 PM

Default Cool Pontiac Jacket

Picked this up to gift it to friend who has a 76 TA. The guy said his friend got it with a new firebird purchase in 1977. Gave it to him when he later bought a 77 FB. Sold the car a couple years ago so no more need for the jacket. Thats the story anyway.

Tag says "The Great Lakes Jacket" and has number 160 written on back of tag. Don't know if it was a local dealership thing or did Pontiac provide these to dealers?

It seems old but legit or not, thought it was neat and my buddy will appreciate it.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Firebird Jacket.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	537637  

Old 04-17-2020, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And it was right down the road from you.

Old 04-17-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
And it was right down the road from you.
Lol.... Its come and gone a few times. Finally decided to call him and then buy it :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Bucksnort For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2020, 08:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksnort View Post
Tag says "The Great Lakes Jacket" and has number 160 written on back of tag. Don't know if it was a local dealership thing or did Pontiac provide these to dealers?
My dad was the top salesman at our local Pontiac dealer in MN (part of the Great Lakes region) from 1963 - 1982. I don't remember ever seeing one in our town or hanging in the dealership.

My dad most likely sold the most Trans Ams in my home town. I still remember when the first TA hit the dealership - it was a Lucerne Blue TA with a 4 spd and was my dad's demonstrator for the first month it was in the dealership.

I was 15 years old in the fall of 1969 and didn't have a driver's license. But I spent a lot of time in the driver's seat of that car while my dad was home for lunch listening to the radio and dreaming of driving that car...