Old 10-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Help mounting plastic valance

I need some help. I have searched the forums but cannot find the answer I need, hopefully someone can guide me.
I have a 72 T/A with a dented up metal valance. I bought the PP plastic valance from our host and also the front spoiler with welting, and the spoiler mounting kit. The plastic valance seems Ok, but the lower mounting holes do not line up correctly. It is almost like I need to bend the bottom of the valance. I have the correct bracket supplied by Norwood, and the upper holes in the valance line up OK with my bumper. If I attach the valance to the bumper, the bottom part seems to tuck way too far into the radiator support. Almost like I have to use mounting holes form the rear part of the radiator support.

Also, I think the spoiler mounting kit is for using the new spoiler with the metal valance, not the plastic one. Is this correct?

Anybody have a pic of the mounting of the lower valnce with the spoiler? FYI, I am using a 74 radiator support, does that matter? I know the top is different for the braces, but I believe the bottom structure is the same.

Thanks

Old 10-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The problem with the pp valance is that they duplicated the original mounting holes that were in the wrong place to begin with and were the reason they all broke back in 1972. You need to drill new holes as well as using the spoiler holes to mount the valance. Go to my thread and review the valance portion and you'll see what I am referring to.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...433662&page=67

Last edited by njsteve; 10-13-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Found Problem, bent front bumper

Found out why this parts place valalnce did not fit correctly. The front bumper must have been hit before and repaired. I had the body guy do alot of work, and now I cannot use it.

Anybody have a spare front bumper for sale?

Old 05-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Senior Chief

How did you make out on the repo valance?I'm thinking of buying one ,but would like to hear more about them.Did you get the car back together?