Old 12-24-2016, 09:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Help With Dash Wiring Harness-TA Tach/Gauges Added In The Past-1974 Firebird

Need a little help with the dash harness. Working on a 1974 Firebird for my nephew. Someone added the TA tach and gauges years ago. I believe all of the gauges work except the factory volt gauge. It has a two prong connector but there is only one wire going to the connector. I would like to check all of the other changes they made to the dash harness though. Tried to do a search for a thread that shows how this is done but was unsuccessful.
Mainly would like to know how to wire for the factory volt gauge. Thanks In Advance.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Volt Guage

Switched hot from accessory going to the top/vertical spade terminal.
Lower/horizontal spade just goes to ground.

Switched accessory hot wires are typically orange. Where ignition hot is usually pink wires. The factory hot wire to the volt guage is orange.

Just don't use hot all the time orange wires that go to courtesy lights, cig lighter, etc...

Merry Christmas
Clay

Old 01-02-2017, 09:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Clay, thanks for the reply. Have not got everything back together yet but I did just what you said. Will let you know what happens once I get finished.