Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
That's a heavy car you got...I was around 3200 ... that was 20 years ago...
You're gonna need e-heads for sure...
EHTTF...
Already got them

But haven't got the 3200lbs which I think if I could get down to (never going to happen) it would get me well on my way. Will just give it a shot of giggle gas and be happy with life methinks!

Old 12-15-2019, 06:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Speedmaster CNC 72cc bare casting. $478.50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where did you see that?

I saw 799.

Old 12-15-2019, 07:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponjohn View Post
Where did you see that?

I saw 799.

Holy hell! I just went & looked. I bought a pr on 12/29 for $950. I kept looking & their price was the same for at least a week after I bought mine.

Sorry for the miss information!
Murf

Old 12-16-2019, 02:42 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
... I bought a pr on 12/29...
I'm confused. It's not yet Dec 29th, and I don't recall the Speedmaster heads being available a year ago...

Old 12-16-2019, 04:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Aren't you the same guy that asked if I even liked Pontiacs?
When you have spent 1/4 of what I’ve spent on Pontiacs and gone faster than I have with a 406 , you can ask me that...been a ( 10.40) on a 406) how about you?
Best thing you can do is take
the cotton out of your ears and stuff it in your mouth...
Listen to those in the know... Paul is one of those people.....
Dave got you to 10.40 with iron D ports right ? Truly impressive with a 400. I think very highly of Dave. Nice, humble very smart and good at what he does.

Did you notice him get offended what there was a thread and the OP asked about head porters. and I suggested Dave.
Paul sells E heads.
Paul ports E heads.
Paul makes money on E heads.
Paul solicits PY members for parts/services (did it to me about Race Tec Pistons in PM) I am sure people are reading this thinking he did the same to "me"
Paul comes at me if I say good things about a High Port. Even when I am not giving him the slightest thought making the post.
Everyone knows the HP is a better all out race head than the E head. Raised port and you can fit a larger dia valve.
Paul is a seller and porter and almost everyone else here is a hobbyist racer.
Its all about "him".
You noticed he came at me in this thread, right ? I asked a part # question and he felt the need to start something. He just expects me to take it.............. wrong.
People know what he is up too.
There are reasons I have called him Xerox that I personally know about. And not "4th or 5th hand info" either. Maybe I will tell you, maybe I won't.
Its not like I have not went out of my way to help him out, and someone else too. Don't you notice him having this "problem" is I suggest parts or services other then HIM?
Just sick of him to tell you the truth.
Not worth my time.
Myself, I will deal with honest and humble parts guys and porters who are not on here everyday trying to sell themselves or services. They don't NEED to.
You guys deal with him.

If I suggested him for parts and porting none of this happens.

Old 12-16-2019, 04:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Back to thread. Can you buy the 72cc E head with the CNC LS chamber bare ? Cost ?

Old 12-16-2019, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gifford View Post
I'm confused. It's not yet Dec 29th, and I don't recall the Speedmaster heads being available a year ago...

Sorry Jack, fat fingers here 11/29/19

Old 12-16-2019, 09:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Back to thread. Can you buy the 72cc E head with the CNC LS chamber bare ? Cost ?
Is that the "copy cat LS" head you are inquiring about?

Sorry you are butt sore that I am on here correcting your false statements. I'm not on Pontiac Zone, why don't you hang out there and you and Gach can convince each other that you are Legends in Pontiac Motorsports.

Just a heads up we port all kinds of cylinders heads, not just Edelbrock. (Another false statement). MY heads have set World records with Toyota, Buick, Ford and Chevy. I choose to spend a little free time on PY because I am a Pontiac hobbyist. Many of your idols choose to visit other Websites....probably because they don't share the same passion for Pontiacs as I do...or maybe they are avoiding you! (BTW you enjoy tearing into other members here that have switched to Corporate power but choose to idolize a head porter that took his Pontiac engine out and runs Chevy power and never dragged him through the ringer like you have other members here.... kinda seems like a double standard)

I have sold many sets of pistons and other speed parts to folks on this board... I like helping people out. Every time, they have received an excellent price and saved money over Jegs and Summit. You must be a total A$$HOLE to be bothered that I have helped other Pontiac enthusiasts save money building their projects.

Last edited by PAUL K; 12-16-2019 at 09:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PAUL K For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
What thread was that?
He cried to the moderators and had them remove my comments.

There is another thread still out there where he is babbling about a Dan Whitmore back to back dyno test with Dan's RAIV heads kicking the snot out of some KRE E'heads.

The truth. of the matter is the E'heads were compared to the RAIV heads on Dan's flow bench and Dan's heads had better low lift numbers. I corrected the false statements, I didn't think it was fair to KRE. Also didn't want some guy spending a bunch of money on RAIV heads hoping for the same false results Dragondouche posted. I've also tried to explain to the moron what actually happened and he has zero interest in knowing... His version is a lot better when you're having drinks.

Old 12-16-2019, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yes price listed above.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:00 AM
Senior Chief

Paul is good people. Period!

Dragncar, just leave it alone. You're fighting an uphill battle you will never win.

www.lancablingsolutions.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Mean Green For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 11:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Dave got you to 10.40 with iron D ports right ? Truly impressive with a 400. I think very highly of Dave. Nice, humble very smart and good at what he does.
If you think very highly of him, don't drag his name into your pissing contest.

Old 12-16-2019, 06:26 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
He cried to the moderators and had them remove my comments.

There is another thread still out there where he is babbling about a Dan Whitmore back to back dyno test with Dan's RAIV heads kicking the snot out of some KRE E'heads.

The truth. of the matter is the E'heads were compared to the RAIV heads on Dan's flow bench and Dan's heads had better low lift numbers. I corrected the false statements, I didn't think it was fair to KRE. Also didn't want some guy spending a bunch of money on RAIV heads hoping for the same false results Dragondouche posted. I've also tried to explain to the moron what actually happened and he has zero interest in knowing... His version is a lot better when you're having drinks.

So the eheads tested were done by kre? You said it wasn't fair to them??

Old 12-16-2019, 06:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
So the eheads tested were done by kre? You said it wasn't fair to them??
Yes.... Dan was checking over a pair of E-heads done by KRE. He flow tested them and compared the numbers to his ported RAIV heads.

Correct, I don't feel Dragncar's version of the story is fair to KRE. His version claims it was a back to back dyno comparison and the Whitmore heads made more power. The KRE heads were never put on a dyno... In fact they've never run to this day.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:18 PM
Senior Chief

You guys are clearly reminding me why I never spent much time following these forums over the years...

The facts are pretty simple at the moment...There are fast E-headed cars, and fast KRE headed cars...Why spend so much time arguing about who does what better? It damn sure doesnt make a guy like me interested in following along, simply because it doesnt seem to be very educational.

Posting results of each combo, without all of the drama, seems like a better approach...Just my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to opeliac For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2019, 11:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
You guys are clearly reminding me why I never spent much time following these forums over the years...

The facts are pretty simple at the moment...There are fast E-headed cars, and fast KRE headed cars...Why spend so much time arguing about who does what better? It damn sure doesnt make a guy like me interested in following along, simply because it doesnt seem to be very educational.

Posting results of each combo, without all of the drama, seems like a better approach...Just my opinion.
How is your ride coming along? Haven't seen any updates.

What was this thread about anyways?????
Oh yea...… Edelbrock lowered their price. Still waiting on my Speedmaster heads. To compare to my 3 sets of Eheads.

66 GTO 389 3x2, 4 speed, 4.33 gear, Montero Red 33K original Miles
67 GTO 2dr Post, 428, Tri Power, 3.55 Gears
80 Trans Am Black SE Y84 W72 WS6
Old 12-16-2019, 11:53 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
How is your ride coming along? Haven't seen any updates.

What was this thread about anyways?????
Oh yea...… Edelbrock lowered their price. Still waiting on my Speedmaster heads. To compare to my 3 sets of Eheads.
Its coming along slowly...Been making a few changes, and waiting on parts...I'm still shooting to have it out in early 2020...

Old 12-17-2019, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

I'll work on staring an informative thread. I understand being annoyed by all the nonsense. Not that it matters much but the majority of the bickering is about one guy that wants to keep making false posts.... Unfortunately that can lead to a lot of hardship down the road for folks in several different ways. There was another fellow on here that used to do the same thing (ironically this guys BFF) and he was banned from making posts. This is not good for the health of this Website... Hopefully it comes to an end soon.

Old 12-17-2019, 09:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

I agree 100%. As small as our Pontiac community is I never understand the division into small "tribes" mentality. I'm happy to see a Pontiac with any heads on it at the track.

62' Lemans, Nostalgia Super Stock, 541 CI, IA2 block, billet 4.5" crank, Ross, Wide port Edelbrocks, Gustram intake, 2 4150 style BLP carbs, 2.10 Turbo 400, 9" w/4:30 gears, 8.76 @153, 3100lbs
Old 12-17-2019, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

You need to learn to ignore posts by some people. The odds of them posting anything usefully are infinitesimal, and answering their posts just means them posting more junk.

Personally, I am still working on the ignore part.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Weiss For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread