Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2019, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Snow tire and mud flap recommendation for 575 HP 1965 GTO

Not entirely kidding!

I live in Spokane. For those of you who aren't familiar with Spokane, just assume it is somewhere in Canada. For the purposes of this thread, that will be sufficient. Besides, I listen to a ton of Rush and Gordon Lightfoot anyway.

I have a 1965 GTO with a mild 505. Our driveway is gravel/dirt, about 1/4 mile long, and any time from October through May the driveway is usually pretty muddy. Even when it's not, it's hard not to kick rocks up on the quarter panels driving down the driveway.

In addition, winter is fairly long. I'm looking at my car now, it's running great, the heater works fine, choke works great, there's no reason I can't take this thing out except for .... I'm scared of either hitting some black ice and wrecking it, or kicking a bunch of gravel and mud all over it.

Anybody here run mud flaps on an old hot rod? Better yet, anybody run snow tires? Sounds crazy, but 225/75R15 snow tires aren't that expensive and I am seriously considering it!