WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 02-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by judge_jury_executioner_69:
dont get me wrong the new gto is a decent car. but i think that GM could have done better. its sad when imports in the same price range can hang with it. if gm is going to put more time and money into a cobalt that is a import wanna be then the GTO theres a problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

would you please just shut up now. You don't have a clue, you've NEVER had a clue about anything you are talkinag bout. I know you are a young kid but damn boy go take a business class would you?

It isn't sad, it is the way of life these days. The old GTO wasn't ever all that fast compared to the Mopars or Buicks or the heavy duty Chevies, but today the Corvette then the GTO run the streets for GM. Other companies just stick high HP AWD systems in their cheap ass cars and they have winners. But I will tell you, Mitsubishi might not be around in 5 years and GM owns part of Subie, so be happy there is competition.

The cobalt is not in the same class as the GTO or Evo. THe sooner you learn that the better off you'll be. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i never said the coblat is in the same class. its a junk $20,000 car that is chevys answer to the import. just like you said about mitsubishi maybe not being around in 5 years you dont know if the import craze will be either. why dump that kind of money in 1 project insted o fmaking the whole line of cars better.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i never said the coblat is in the same class. its a junk $20,000 car that is chevys answer to the import. just like you said about mitsubishi maybe not being around in 5 years you dont know if the import craze will be either. why dump that kind of money in 1 project insted o fmaking the whole line of cars better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THEN WHY do you keep bring up the Cobalt? And how would you knwo the SS is junk since they have not been released yet?

When I said Mitsu not being around, I wasn't talking about the EVO, i was talkign about the whole company. THey have SEVERE financial issues.

The import phase isn't going anywhere with more and more cheaper performance cars coming online.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Salisbury:
Hi Well I have seen the 05s and they will pass better as a GTO the mustang may look like a mustang but it also fits like one . The new car Pontiac called the GTO has a very user friendly and much nicer interior than the stangs . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they'd just fix the power entry into the rear! The ONLY thing I liked better about the Crapstang.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i never said the coblat is in the same class. its a junk $20,000 car that is chevys answer to the import. just like you said about mitsubishi maybe not being around in 5 years you dont know if the import craze will be either. why dump that kind of money in 1 project insted o fmaking the whole line of cars better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THEN WHY do you keep bring up the Cobalt? And how would you knwo the SS is junk since they have not been released yet?

When I said Mitsu not being around, I wasn't talking about the EVO, i was talkign about the whole company. THey have SEVERE financial issues.

The import phase isn't going anywhere with more and more cheaper performance cars coming online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wondered why mitsu is offering their new 10 year 100,000 mile warranty (i know the 10 year part is right but i forgot how many miles) damn thats bad if the japs cant sell their cars to their people. im just going on a limb about the coblat considering the SS will be right around $20,000 maybe a bit more. for one reason how many $20,000 cars (brand new) have you seen that arent a hunk of s***? i was flipping thru a mag on break one day and they had it side by side with a cavalier. didnt read the article but i take it basically its a caviler with slight diffrences in the body. we all know those werent the greatest cars made. and finally since this is the first year in production it will take a few years to tweak out all the bugs.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

what did or didnt they do to get themselves in that big of a hole ? lack of sales or what ? i remember a few years ago they had the 0 down 0 payments thing going on and now what sounds like a pretty good warranty. i take it thats their way of trying to get out of the hole.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by judge_jury_executioner_69:
i wondered why mitsu is offering their new 10 year 100,000 mile warranty (i know the 10 year part is right but i forgot how many miles) damn thats bad if the japs cant sell their cars to their people. im just going on a limb about the coblat considering the SS will be right around $20,000 maybe a bit more. for one reason how many $20,000 cars (brand new) have you seen that arent a hunk of s***? i was flipping thru a mag on break one day and they had it side by side with a cavalier. didnt read the article but i take it basically its a caviler with slight diffrences in the body. we all know those werent the greatest cars made. and finally since this is the first year in production it will take a few years to tweak out all the bugs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The cars aren't the same. Had you actually read the article you would have realized this.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

didnt feel like reading about chevys answer to the imports. made me sick thinking about it.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:19 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ozzy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ozzy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red70goat:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr_GTO:
Feel free to post a pic of that 70 GTO you claim to own.

Yeah, c'mon Mr "Whatza Moron" let's see your beloved Goat.

I asked for pics in a posting a few weeks ago......... still waiting! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, that's fair. I don't remember you asking for a pic, but I'll dust off the cover and give you a pic here shortly. It's nothing spectacular, bone stock and needs a good waxing and some armourall. Let me hit it with a buffer and some elbow grease and it'll be ready for a pic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still waiting.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Mr "Whatza 70 GTO" We are all still waiting...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still waiting "Mr.I don't really have a red70 goat"
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz