WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 12-28-2003, 08:04 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ctgross

Chief Ponti-yacker posted December 28, 2003 07:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently the "opinion" poll on a new car most of us have not even seen live yet, much less driven, has shifted to bashing of members classic rides, and pride of them.

Not cool!

CT Gross
------------------------------------------ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ct I truly apoligize if I have caused any offence to you. I give credit to all car builders, be it rice or American muscle. I know how many hours it takes to make a car look and drive good (not that my cars are either, but I try!)I was stating my opinion on the new GTO and Questioning a members remarks.

ET 13.2 and spinning like a mother

ET 12.504
MPH 107
3940 lbs
Old 12-28-2003, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Crazy Ray, I agree , Darrell none taken here,
I just hate to see members at odds over personal opinion of what this car is or will be, foster their cause by insulting an obvious pride(deserving or not/again opinion).

Seems a guy might get by telling a fellow hunter that his wife is ugly, his kids look wormy, and his shotgun is a pos, But, don't tell him his retriever sucks hind tit!

CT Gross
------------------------------------------

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood"!

66 Blue GTO
http://community.webtv.net/ctgross/GTO

"Its never too late to have a happy childhood"!

I told my dad I was going to stop raising hell, and he called me a quitter!
Old 12-28-2003, 10:50 AM
crazy ray

[QUOTE]Seems a guy might get by telling a fellow hunter that his wife is ugly, his kids look wormy, and his shotgun is a pos, But, don't tell him his retriever sucks hind tit!

CT Gross

to funny, but true.

Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Darrell

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I dont think Mustang was considered a muscle car till they came out with the Mach 1. I dont think Tempest was a muscle car till the GTO. My point is Mach 1 still has never had a 6 banger much like the GTO.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The GTO was it's own totally separate model for the majority of it's history. Check the title for you Judge and see if it says Tempest on it.

The Mach 1 has been a derivative of the Mustang for most of the 40 year history, but has always been a Mustang.

And the Mach 1 in 1976 had the 134 HP 302 that did the 1/4 in either 17.9 seconds...

Here's the link to the Ford Pinto based Mustang....

And let's not forget the I4 turbo Cobra of 1979... At least it was faster than the 302 of 1976 - it ran a 17.4 1/4 mile.

My post that you quoted:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't want to drive something with a three foot wing and a fart pipe out the back. I don't even want to be near one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your post:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Mike does this mean you want take a ride in my Judge when its done?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I was actually referring to a three foot tall wing and a fart pipe. I truly believe most people understood that the two go together.

The wing on your Judge and other GTO's and Firebirds (even the Camaro in my garage) were all original styling elements on these cars we love.

As to going for a ride in your Judge - based on your current disposition, no thank you.

I posted:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm not a drag racing expert, but there are many here that could tell us if 35 HP will provide a 1.3 second improvement.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You posted:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>No friggen way!!!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what else causes a 1.3 second improvement? Did they reduce the weight, put on stickier tires, traction aids???

My point is, the STOCK Firebird from the provided link ran a 14.8. The Firehawk, with engine and other mods ran a 13.5. It is documented that the Firehawk had 35 extra HP by the site linked.

As the self proclaimed resident expert - how much does 35 HP improve an ET?

What else explains the mysterious 1.3 second improvement?

Neither you, nor the original poster has answered that question

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Is that really a GTO? You seem to frown on Cars with fake wings, but you put fake scoops on your GTO (or tempest). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again, you bring up the wings, but just what is a fake wing?

As to the scoops, If you don't realize, most GTO's had non functional hood scoops.

But yes, it is a real GTO, and I remember you standing in my garage and being very appreciative of it.

Why now, do you choose to discredit it?

If it's to continue a personal vendetta, let's leave the personal attacks and name calling at the door.

No one here wants to read it. I emailed you what I thought of one of your posts on another thread to your business address listed on the board. You never responded except here on the board.

If you want to call me names and make personal attacks send me an email, call me, write me a letter.

I repeat, no one else wants to read it here.

My '64 GTO Convertible Webpage

The '49 Caddy Limo Page

The '72 Camaro Page
Old 12-28-2003, 11:56 PM
crazy ray

[QUOTE]I repeat, no one else wants to read it here.

My '64 GTO Convertible Webpage

The '49 Caddy Limo Page

The '72 Camaro Page

first intelligent thing said yet

Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Champ:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by judge_jury_executioner_69:
the whole point of the link was for the firehawk. i dont give a sh** what the t/a would run. thats what happens when you twist words. the stock firehawk will run 13.5. what motor did it have in it ? LT1. becuase the firehawks have ram air and optional exhaust and diffrent rims/tires thats not a stock LT1 ? where did you read in that link that said they done something diffrent to the same LT1 that is in slowmaros and t/a's ? yes it is a "specialty" car. _but the point is it has the same LT1 thats in other GM cars._<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read your own link.

I quoted the link where it says the "STOCK" LT1 is 275 HP and where it says the Firehawk has 315HP.

So obviously, it is not the same "STOCK" LT1 as the other cars.

You're the one who's trying to twist that a Firehawk has a "STOCK" LT1, when everyone knows that 315 HP is 15% over stock.

How many guys at the strip would like to have an EXTRA 15% HP over their competitor in a headsup race?

If you want to talk "STOCK" let's talk "STOCK".

If you want to talk tuner cars, let's wait and see what SLP does with the GTO.

If they do the same for the GTO that they did for the FIREBIRD, than you're talking a low 12 second car...

yeah my guess is the exhaust and cold air make the diffrence. but its the same motor as the t/a's and slowmaros. id hope the cold air and exhaust made a few HP. maybe slp should do something to the new gto to make it beat a 4 banger import. we all know it needs something. maybe it will reach the low 13s then. oh by the way i started this post talking abuot the stock gto losing in the 1/4 to stock 4 banger imports....so what are we talking about ?

Greatest Of All Time

[This message was edited by judge_jury_executioner_69 on December 29, 2003 at 04:30 AM.]
Old 01-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Mike I have never seen your GTO. The only car I have seen of yours was the Camaro you had at the show. You must be thinking of someone else.

ET 13.2 and spinning like a mother

ET 12.504
MPH 107
3940 lbs