Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 04-14-2016, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Better supporting retro "racing" seats.

I have a 1974 Trans Am and the interior is TOAST! I'm looking for suggestions on a good racing type seat for it, preferably bolt in if possible, and I would like a retro look. I would like to put a roll bar and harnesses in it and make the interior look like it was a rear seat delete option car and yes I know they didn't make one. I was eyeballing the Procar reclining buckets and I was wondering if anyone had tried those. I'm 5'11" and a bit girthy and most of those type of seats make me feel like I've put my ass in a vice after about 100miles. I want something with more lateral support than the original seat that I can hang shoulder harness from.

I'm putting in a stock interior in it other than different front seats and deleting the rear, any suggestions on the carpet type and brand? I see different loops and I don't really know a thing about that stuff or what is the "better" type.

Does anyone make a stock radio delete plate for this car?

Also, Being that I have a '74 does anyone have the stock glove box cover with the "Radial Tuned Suspension" emblem on it. My cover has a crack in it.

Any other interior ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for you're help and suggestions,

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato
Old 04-15-2016, 12:19 AM
Suspended

I'm 5'8''s & I had the procar 1000 series in my bird & they were fine & fit good. I had to make a set of brackets to fit but I had them working just fine. Plus they come in different colors to match your insides.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
I'm 5'8''s & I had the procar 1000 series in my bird & they were fine & fit good. I had to make a set of brackets to fit but I had them working just fine. Plus they come in different colors to match your insides.
Thanks! Yep, as long as they have a little room for my "differential" so I don't feel like I'm in a vice. I like to drive the car long distances so support is needed but comfort too.

“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato
Old 04-16-2016, 09:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have a 79 teams am. At some point I will be installing a set of 04-06 GTO seats that I bought a few years ago. Don't know if you have look into this option but have seen some done and look very nice. More important is they give great support and are very comfortable from what folks have posted. Lots of option out there but that's one of them. Doug

1979 400 Block, 1970 Heads, Unknown Cam, Comp Cam Lifters, Edelbrock RPM Intake, Hedman Headers, Holley 750 Carb, WFO Drop Base SOLD

1968 GTO convertable project. 400 auto with air. west coast car . Not started in 15 ..update now running (around block spinning tires all the way. Have a lot of cosmetic work to do winter of 17/18

1969 GTO 400 4 Speed this a complete project. Rebuild will start in spring of 2017. SOLD