Old 06-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Fiero value

I need an idea what this car is worth as I have no clue. I realize it's hard to say without seeing but even a ballpark amount would really help. It's an 86 GT, manual trans, loaded, 31000 1 owner miles. Survivor car with even original tires. Looks as it should with the mileage. Any help is appreciated, Thanks

Old 06-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default my opinions

I'm going to put a ballpark minimum of $4,000-$5,000, my opinion.
With those low miles, in a dealer lot, it would probably have an asking price of anywhere $6,000-$8,000, depending how greedy the seller is. That is a 'realistic' high end price, mind you (IMO). It could easily earn a dreamworld five figure price on eBay and the like.

Assuming I was a Fiero nut, I would not go higher than $7,000, and it would have to smell really new for me to go that high. It probably is not worth more than $6,000 to the average car enthusiast.

I just saw an '87 GT (low mile) in some publication in the last week. I'll try to find it to use as a comparison.

Seeking recovery of my stolen 1988 Buick LeSabre T-type. Primary summer driver & Road Trip car.
Garnet Red with 2007 PENDOT inspection stickers on windshield. Had minor damage to left rear quarter & bumper. Last three of VIN: 301
Could be being driven with altered VIN.
Bodywork on left rear quarter (near the tail light) would be a tip-off.
Last seen by a patrol officer doing a routine plate check in Gary, Indiana, August 31, 2009
(The thieves were driving, but my plate was clean.)
Old 06-14-2009, 06:52 AM

I belong to the Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts and we have a member who tracks average Fiero values. It is based on what Fiero's have sold for the previous year and is broken down by year, model, options, condition, milage, etc.
You can see the 2009 chart here:
http://home.xnet.com/~paulv/Price%20Guide.htm

Based on the value guide it's worth about $4000 average. With the low mileage and 100% original yours sounds more "above average", I've seen them go for as high as $5500-$6500. These prices are what they sold for not what was originally asked.

If you are looking to sell it, Our club website is www.fierofocus.com
You can contact us and we can help you find an enthusiast who wants a low mileage survivor.
Although we are an Illinois club, We have members in other states (and some in other countries) as well as we communicate constantly with the other midwest Fiero clubs. http://www.fieros.us/

Now ZZ4 Powered!

Last edited by Oreif; 06-14-2009 at 07:12 AM.