Old 10-13-2013, 03:30 PM

Default Brake pedal problem

Have a 66 Auto GTO with power brakes,and a brake pedal witch is not coming completely out after braking,the pedal is staying in about an inch and i have to drag it out with my foot.This is not a spring problem cause it comes out fine when the engine not is running so i think it have to be some kind of an vacuum issue?I have also greased up all of the linkage and its working fine.Could it be some stuck valve or something?
Does anyone have an idea?

Old 10-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If the pedal immediately comes up when you shut the car off, then you have a bad check valve (where the vacuum hose attaches to the booster). If the booster is holding vacuum (you have power brakes for a couple of pumps of the pedal when you shut the engine off) and the pedal is not working properly, then it is most likely a bad booster valve on the pedal side and the booster will need replaced.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:52 PM

Thanks Bob
I think the problem is the valve on the pedal side,as you said,cause the check valve on the booster works fine and it feels like it is vacuum holding in the pedal,and i looked at some pictures in the shop manual and i think it is the airvalve on the inside of the booster.
Il try to take it apart and see if i can find something wrong and maybe fix it,cause there is not so easy to find parts for these cars here in Norway.

Anstein