Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 11-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Awesome job guys! You should all be very proud!

Old 11-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumair View Post
so if i'm reading this correctly, frank is within a hundredth of campolucci with a single carb? amazing performance from a car that bob caciotti has any involvement with...lol!

Haha!That's a good one!

Congrats Frank! That Pontiac is flying! It is really great to see you running those numbers!

Old 11-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Suspended

Congrats Frank! Now it's time to do some taking of money match racing those bbc's!

Old 11-16-2009, 12:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to adam woodmancy

very awesome.. congrats all the way around. you guys have earned it! thanks for all you do our our poncho motors!

Quarter-Max Chassis and Racing Components
Old 11-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

AWESOME Frank...I always thought you never got enough recognition for running
so fast with a single 4. Here's some word from

Quote:
WOW!!!!! Congrats to Frank, Bob, (Gaby-Jimmy), Johnny, Dale.
What the heck are me and Scott R. suppose to do now. LOL!!!!!!!
Are you guys trying to get me to bring the car out again.2X LOL??????
We burned up the last set of drag race snow tires left on the planet to set the record and they were charging us so much money to plow the snow off the track, salting it,and prepping it that it would cost us less to drive 15-20 hrs. to come to the States and try again. To shave 3-4tenths off your ET with just(Gaby's-Jimmy's) intake and carb that's incredible. The phone will be ringing Gaby. You guys take videos of most of your team cars passes how come not of your car Frank, and give us your 60ft, 1/8 mile all the #s. We did it because we thought you guys set the standard, boy it would be nice to see your hot rod going down the track.
I hope Gaby and Dale do you an intake and carb before Norwalk because it would take alot of time switching it from your car and to Jimmy's.3XLOL!!!!!
Congrats again guys.

Thanks if you can/will.
Michael is out of town and I can't get on his computer.
Maurizio Campolucci

Old 11-16-2009, 02:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i really need someone to buy my 474 so i can wake up christmas morn with a IAII under my tree!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I’m tired! This testing to bring you all the best products is killing me. Why we don't get a video of our passes? Is because we don’t hire a production crew to film them like Maurizio Campolucci does. he he

We had the tires hitting so hard we bent the Right (standing behind the car) wheelie bar 2 1/2 inches. (1.041 60 Foot all day long.) That was causing the car to drift to the left on launch. We added 20 Lbs. to the front on the last pass to keep the front down to get better control. The dew came in around 5:30 and the humidity was around 80 percent. Water was rolling off the back windshield like rain. It was a very dangerous condition last night. Right after our pass there was a wreck of some kind on the track. I saw the blower out there the whole time we loaded up.

I will let Frank tell you more about this set up and what kind of parts we are using.

As far you Maurizio Campolucci, you will have to drive another 3 thousand miles to race this car. It will be winter racing out west this year. The west coast is going to be invaded with a AllPontiac race car. We know the altitude difference it will slow it down a little bit but we will be on the same playing field.

We made 4 passes at VMP two weeks ago and 4 this past weekend. This is not a fluke that we tested this good. It is here to stay.

Maurizio, did you make your pass without wheelie bars? If so how did you control the car at the launch? If we would of tried that we would of wrecked the car. I know of no car that ran your type of number just on tires alone.

Quickest, Fastest, Best selling Pontiac Aftermarket Block IA II and Tiger Heads

Boss Bird Funny Car
Best pass to date 08/06/2016 6.027@231.64
Allpontiac Big Chief Aluminum Engine Block

http://www.AllPontiac.com

Last edited by Robert C.; 11-16-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

I saw that the track prep at MIR was killer. Quite a few cars set their best there this weekend. Great track to T & T for sure. Thmbs up Frank.

Single 4bbl and cast manifold. Very very Impressive.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

7.377 @ 182.67 MPH, 1.044 60', 2290 lbs.

Impressive numbers for a Pontiac considering it was done naturally aspirated with a single carb and a cast manifold. Nice job for everyone involved.

HP calculator from Wallace's site shows:

Your HP computed from your vehicle ET is 1,014.67 rear wheel HP and 1,127.42 flywheel HP.

Your HP computed from your vehicle MPH is 862.54 rear wheel HP and 958.38 flywheel HP.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats, Frank, on the passes.

Can you post a pic of the ET slip?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 11-16-2009, 10:37 AM

Default Our Combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert C. View Post
I’m tired! This testing to bring you all the best products is killing me. Why we don't get a video of our passes? Is because we don’t hire a production crew to film them like Maurizio Campolucci does. he he

We had the tires hitting so hard we bent the Right (standing behind the car) wheelie bar 2 1/2 inches. (1.041 60 Foot all day long.) That was causing the car to drift to the left on launch. We added 20 Lbs. to the front on the last pass to keep the front down to get better control. The dew came in around 5:30 and the humidity was around 80 percent. Water was rolling off the back windshield like rain. It was a very dangerous condition last night. Right after our pass there was a wreck of some kind on the track. I saw the blower out there the whole time we loaded up.

I will let Frank tell you more about this set up and what kind of parts we are using.

As far you Maurizio Campolucci, you will have to drive another 3 thousand miles to race this car. It will be winter racing out west this year. The west coast is going to be invaded with a AllPontiac race car. We know the altitude difference it will slow it down a little bit but we will be on the same playing field.

We made 4 passes at VMP two weeks ago and 4 this past weekend. This is not a fluke that we tested this good. It is here to stay.

Maurizio, did you make your pass without wheelie bars? If so how did you control the car at the launch? If we would of tried that we would of wrecked the car. I know of no car that ran your type of number just on tires alone.
Hi Bob,

The reason our car ran that number on tires alone is b/c the wheels and tires on our car are still the same ones that were used to run IHRA Pro Stock, so there is much too much tire for our combo. Everything on our car except for the engine, trans and rear gear are still the same that our friends up here who sold us the car used to run P/S with, so we have a lot of things to change in the future to get our chassis to work 100% efficiently.

Congrats on your accomplishment!!

Old 11-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I will try to ge him to bring the ET slip in for scanning.

Thanks for th Info. I notice that you had a lot of tire spin for a 1.04XX 60ft.

This is a bracket motor that anyone can buy the parts for from AP.

Boss Bird Funny Car

Old 11-16-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert C. View Post
I will try to ge him to bring the ET slip in for scanning.

Thanks for th Info. I notice that you had a lot of tire spin for a 1.04XX 60ft.

This is a bracket motor that anyone can buy the parts for from AP.
No problem...we had tonnes of tires spin the whole way down the track

Old 11-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

YOU NEED TIRE SPIN at the launch to make the car work right - if you dead hook a car with that kind of power your not getting the most out of it - you need to create some wheel speed for it all to work - at least early on in the pass -- good luck

Old 11-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

just seems to me that if youre spinning down track, you can use all the tire you can fit... if its dead hooking and bogging, make a wheelie bar adjustment.. theres a lot more ways to get a little spin off the line than there is to apply force downtrack...

anyhoo.. thats up for debate in a different thread. congrats to a.p. and also to the stallion gang. you guys have stepped up to really make it interesting. cant wait to see what scotts car does next

Old 11-16-2009, 06:31 PM

Curt, Adam, couldn't agree more thanks for your insight...right now b/c we still have the P/S tire on the car it dead hooks but hopefully we'll have that changed for next year...Take care guys!!

Old 11-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i garuntee you'll be knockin off some numbers of that .36 once you find that happy spot

good lucks guys... this is really cool to have something like this to watch and throw back and forth... sounds like theres a few more guys getting into the mix as well... this is GREAT!!!!

I tried all last summer to get a deal together for a fiberglass 70-72 abody shell so i could hopefully knock some weight off my new car and play in the sevens, but as it turns out, i couldn make it happen and just like its driver.. the car is gonna stay a little chubby. HAHA Oh well!

Old 11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Here's a pic from MIR last weekend and Frank's AllPontiac Grand Am

Last edited by PONTIAC DUDE; 12-13-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ken, Are you spying on us?

Boss Bird Funny Car

Old 11-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was racing my car at MIR yesterday as well and watched your passes. It made me proud to point to it while standing amongst my Chebby friends and say "It's Pontiac powered"...... They didn't believe it til they walked over to your hauler and saw for themselves. I had my best times as well and the track was working for most people there. The place was packed with over 450 cars there and a swap meet. We still have a couple weeks of track time left here in Md. I'm looking to take advantage of that before winter.