Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-16-2009, 03:38 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak View Post
... the Norwalk race does not offer a class for my car to run in.... That adds up to no reason to ever bring it...
WRONG!!! Does Beswick's ride fit in any class? Does he draw an enthusiastic and appreciative crowd? I do understand about the cost/logistics of you running the dragster- but you need to be aware, also, of the number of people anxious to see a nitro-burning Pontiac dragster. If you can't do it this year, fine- just bring yourself and have a great time anyway!

Old 05-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Danny, I have 2 friends flying in from SoCal that both had recent back surgerys. I had a lower lumbar fusion L4, L5S1 in 2000. So there will be 3 more gimps coming up from Tulsa. Supergasdil maybe we could get a gimp only race going. you, me, brian baker(if he has a car ready) anybody thats had back surgery. or at least a gimp get together for a beer and a burger( just have to keep hooter away from the beer). i sure hope i can make it and meet everybody from here. i will look you up if we go. danny

Old 05-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Jack says"WRONG!!! Does Beswick's ride fit in any class? Does he draw an enthusiastic and appreciative crowd? I do understand about the cost/logistics of you running the dragster- but you need to be aware, also, of the number of people anxious to see a nitro-burning Pontiac dragster. If you can't do it this year, fine- just bring yourself and have a great time anyway!"

Jack Jack Jack. You know Arnie is incomparable and he is paid to be there too, paid to run his car without a class. That more than covers his expenses. Plus he gets to sell his trinkets there too. He is also a relatively short distance away and also drives his own car. He has so many fans too, people actually have Beswick alters at their homes to worship him. Also by next year with the Boss Bird running, fans will have their nitro fix with a Beswick name on the side. He goes home with much more $$ in his pocket than he arrives there with. Don't you realize that my friend? Apples and oranges.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 05-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEFASTLEMANS View Post
close enough?i,ve been counting the days since mid january
I'll make sure my sunvisor doesn't hit me in the head next time...

Old 05-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak View Post
Jack says"WRONG!!! Does Beswick's ride fit in any class? Does he draw an enthusiastic and appreciative crowd? I do understand about the cost/logistics of you running the dragster- but you need to be aware, also, of the number of people anxious to see a nitro-burning Pontiac dragster. If you can't do it this year, fine- just bring yourself and have a great time anyway!"

Jack Jack Jack. You know Arnie is incomparable and he is paid to be there too, paid to run his car without a class. That more than covers his expenses. Plus he gets to sell his trinkets there too. He is also a relatively short distance away and also drives his own car. He has so many fans too, people actually have Beswick alters at their homes to worship him. Also by next year with the Boss Bird running, fans will have their nitro fix with a Beswick name on the side. He goes home with much more $$ in his pocket than he arrives there with. Don't you realize that my friend? Apples and oranges.

Sounds like somebody has sour grapes here.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Aside from VRA races like the March Meet, I only know of one other race (which is actually a series) with classes for a car like Steve's blown fuel FED. Most racers with cars like Steve's sell themselves as a show and get booked into tracks for a specified fee, which I'm sure Pete Woodruff would love to accomodate for Norwalk...but you have to get down the track more than once under power without blowing up or experiencing some other malady to make it worth Pete's effort.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Senior Chief

Smile

OMT, so glad to see that you are planning on making it this year, it will good to see you again. I just told Jessica that you are planning on it and she said"yea, cool". Amy and I agree with her. We should have our tickets in our hands by next week.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i'll be there with one of my cars!
hopefully the bird, if i can get down the track a few time with out messin sh!t up(because i don't know how to tune),
if not i will have my slow a$$ street car there.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:36 PM

why dont you just take it out Rob B, i wanna make sure you get a good look at my taillights again!!!and rob we have room at the camp site for ya

Old 05-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

"Sounds like somebody has sour grapes here."

Once again Jim Zeek misinterpets me.
No sour grapes at all, merely anserwing Jacks statement.

Why you think that, I have no idea. You must be reading something into what is not there.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 05-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Arnie is a commodity...a draw...that's why he gets paid to show up...plain and simple.

Nitro' is a draw too...especially in a nostalgic race car.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Decided to get a room at the Econolodge this year, after the best western "tried" to raise the price on me when it was time to check out last year. But now I hear it is a dump. So we might just stay in the trailer. Hate to leave the track/cars/racers anyway.

3 Generations of "Beach Boys Racing" !

Everybody knows somthin.
Nobody knows everything !

1st time on a dragstrip, 1964. Flagstart !

"Thanks for the entertainment."

"Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties"
Old 05-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We'll have the Grocery Getter there and we're going to try to have the Boss Bird there too. It probably won't be running....just on display this year. And we'll have to work out the logistics of (2) trailers, etc. so we're not making any guarantees. But it's certain that the Norwalk crowd will appreciate what the car is.

FWIW,
Eric

Old 05-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's in my to do list for sure !!
Jim......glad to hear you are coming as well as Tom S...be good to see you two again.
Amy & Tom I'll be sure to drop by your pit....
I hope to run NSS exibition again & have fun..

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 05-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Although not fast(12 sec street car), my daughter say's we'r go'n.
She has a grudge agaisnt a cert'n GTO(you know who you are ) that burned her down at the tree on 3rd rnd Saturday.
Rolled just enough to turn off top bulb. She would have won.
Her 1st time ever race'n, went 4 rnds Sunday till they put up wrong time(i didnt catch it time ), she lost by 2 tenth's.

Camp'n at the track is the only way to go.
Night's are just as fun as the days.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 05-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm going for the first time to race and not as a spectator. Me the wife and the 68 GTO will be there on Thursday. I can't wait, I am very excited! Can't wait to me all of you guys and gals! Look for the silver 68 GTO, please stop buy and say hello! We will be staying at the Best Western at night, that is what the wife likes!

Jeff

Old 05-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Senior Chief

Definitely coming out this year...gonna caravan with Dil, Scott, and whoever else we can pick up along the way!!

Old 05-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Plan on being there with my 61 tempest 421sd 4 speed wagon. The 4 speed and trying too get it too hook up will be interesting.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We're gearing up to make the trip.

65 GTO - 11.5 - Mike
79 TA - 11.0 - Chris
79 TA - 14.0 - Michelle
97 TA - 13.0 - Brian

Camping in the pits

Old 05-18-2009, 07:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Jeff - Maybe we can hook up with you with our caravan. We're meeting up with Pontiac Jack along I-90.