Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2022, 08:23 PM
Suspended

Default TH 400 Pontiac Transmission Build or not to Build Myself?

I picked up a full rebuild kit for my TH 400 Pontiac Trans., but I had to buy the Thrust Washers from another vender because they were not included in their kit. I ordered the 3 Torrington Bearings too. I ordered the Rear case output shaft bushing kit that uses a Torrington also and came with 8 shims.

I bought a Gear for the Trans. oil pump as a precaution. I want to make sure that I get all the Thrust Loads correct as I build up my TH 400. Not until I open it up will I know if I need any hard parts inside. I have done my best to acquire as much info. off the Internet to solve any problems. If anyone is Interested in building this Th400 Trans. I will pay a fair Price to assemble the Trans. and I will purchase all the parts.

You must Live in the south Florida area like Broward, Palm Beach or Dade County, so I can deliver the Trans. to you. Also, I have the tools to build the Trans. here at my home so you can come here to assemble the Trans. My roommate will assist, and he will install the Trans. in the vehicle.

If anyone knows a Trans. Mechanic that can handle this job let them know I have a side Job for them. Mike: can be reached at crpt428@yahoo.com. P. S. If I must build it myself (with my roommate) Than it would be nice to have someone to ask questions as they come up. Mike out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Test Photo's 22 087.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	583554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Test Photo's 22 089.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	583555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Test Photo's 22 093.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	583556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Test Photo's 22 094.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	583557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Test Photo's 22 086.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	583558  

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 02-05-2022 at 08:37 PM.