Old 09-13-2017, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1974 SD455 Y8 short block assembly with matching SD455 heads

I have a complete 1974 SD455 short block assembly with the original crank, rods, & pistons plus the matching heads. The heads are bare, and have been cleaned and magnafluxed. $14K, will have pictures after Autofair weekend.

I do not have the intake, carb, exhaust manifolds, or distributor. The guy I bought the long block assembly from sold the parts he wasn't planning to use for a race car he was planning to build. These parts have been in my basement since the late 80s.

If anybody is planning to go to Autofair and wants to see the parts, email me before the show. The parts are about 20 miles from the show.

Quickest way to contact me is direct email, poncho_mike@yahoo.com

Last edited by poncho-mike; 09-13-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bump.

I had a deposit on the long block assembly not long after posting this, but the buyer backed out. The block has been cleaned and magnafluxed. It is currently standard bore, but there is pitting on one cylinder that may take boring .040" to clean up. The crank is standard, and has not been spun. The crank is original and will probably need to go .010" under. The rods are original and still have the original SD455 standard bore pistons installed. The heads are bare and have been magnafluxed and pressure tested.

I think the cost of acquiring the rest of the unique SD parts scared off the buyer. If anybody is interested, let me know.

The numbers matching body is available for $2K to anyone who buys the motor. It has no title and will need quarters and most bolt on sheet metal. The floors and front and rear windows are solid.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:33 AM

Default Reply

Mike do you still have the engine and car with no title?