THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-22-2022, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Cruise In

I think there were some more cars there but these two made the show! I posted earlier about losing interest in car shows but after reading some of the replies I decided to get out and enjoy my car until I can't. At 72 that could be tomorrow or ten years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cruise in.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	600940  

Old 10-23-2022, 07:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

All right. Yea, drove the 68 yesterday to get ice for a social/bonfire we held last night.

Just needs a RH O-EXH manifold to rekindle the word DONE. Then i will be motivated to tweak some little tings.

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Inch Stud For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2022, 07:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up GREAT TO SEE THIS

I read your other post and can relate but glad you see the other side.

For me, the only shows I might attend anymore are local well-known charity shows as well as any show held on a Downtown Main street, they are the best.
Take in the Sights, Wine & Dine, and always lots of great folks to converse with.

This is also why I enjoy the cruise-ins and Cars & Coffee gatherings, far better to enjoy a little car time and come and go as I please.

Keep on enjoying it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	66.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	600945   Click image for larger version

Name:	C&C NORF 8-27-22 (1).jpg
Views:	88
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	600946  

Old 10-23-2022, 01:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Took my grandson with me to the Classic Car Museum in St Augustine last Saturday. My wife and I had been to the Museum for it's grand opening about a year and a half ago but my grandson had never been. It is one of the best. Owner is a Pontiac enthusiast and has a number of GTOs and FIrebirds in his stable. Anyway the other event taking place that same day at the museum was a Pontiac car show put on by the DIxie Chapter (of POCI) of which I am a member and they are headquartered in Jacksonville. I have never seen so many Pontiacs, primarily classics, in one place at one time. I think the final count was in the 130-140 range. Took up the entire parking lot in front of the museum and a large portion of the grass parking out to the side. Gary H. is one of the members of The Dixie Chapter and maybe he will weigh in on the success of the show. It was definitely one for the books and I don't usually go in for the 'typical' car show venues but this one was a standout.

69 Bird w/1970 400 block(409 cubes), #64 heads, hyd. roller, Q-jet by Jeff E., original interior, ps, pdb, th350, and 3.73 gears. Pump gas, street driven muscle. 3800 lbs. race weight. Best, 11.39 @118, my son's car.

79 T/A w/463, Scat crank, Eagle rods, Icon pistons, Lunati solid roller, 262/270, KRE 325 heads, Northwind intake, QF950 carb, full interior, ps, pdb, th350, and 3.73 gears. Pump gas, 3650 lbs. race weight. 10.68 @ 126 so far... no tuning yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to prostreet64 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2022, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I took my car to the local fairgrounds today. It will be there on display with about 25 other cars for the next week. I will be able to get it next Sunday or Monday. The cars will be in an enclosed building with a wood fence around them to keep spectators away. There will also be 24 hour security. I called Hagerty just to make sure it will be covered and they said it will be. They also thanked me for letting them know. I will be going out there during the fair to keep watch and answer question anyone might have. I can answer most Pontiac questions and can lie well enough to cover the other makes there!