The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 02-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Senior Chief

its a good thing it wasn't right after you picked the goat up. that's why I said just let it sit there, as much as I would like to have it in my garage. when mine gets home I have to put it back together. I stripped it because I did not want tape lines.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:10 AM
Suspended

Glad to hear your alright thou. As they say when it rains it pours. You've had engough bad luck so now you get to have some good luck.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks: we were in our civic and the whole rear is shifted over the trunk lid wont close properly but its probably totaled but still goes great in the snow with studs.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well its totaled, and we went and hired an attorney to handle both insurance companies so we dont have to deal with them. The drunk driver is still in jail as of today on a whole lot of charges they told us she didnt want to go to the countys Bed & Breakfast as far as the Idiot paintin my car its gettin there.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I hope everything works out for you and the wife. I would bet on no insurance.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Senior Chief

sorry to hear about all your bad luck. I am still waiting. talk to he three weeks ago, after again I called, he told me all he has to do is block the car and shoot it. I talked to him on this part wed and do told me all they have to do is block it. I feel like I am getting a cinder block stuck up my butt. I tool my wife he is stalling to charge me more money, she told me a gave me a contract. sure nuff he did and I forgot all about it. I guess we will see

Old 02-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

She has insurance, and I feel ya fatguyterry shysters.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well I had enough went and got my baby today body work is done jams, decking,inside fenders ,under hood are all painted,so why in the world wouldnt he finish it ? He kept on telling me I,m on it but in reality it was put way back on the back burner, so today I surprised him when i showed up and seen my car in the same condition as weeks ago I said I,m takin it home and were done. So now its gonna be back in my control and I will paint it as soon as I feel better from the accident. With all of the signed paperwork I have from him I,m gonna take him to small claims court and hopefully win and then file a lean on his house. This guy is a massive LIAR and thats puttin it lightly. Sorry for complaining.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:58 AM
Suspended

He let you take the car??? WOW. When I had my problem over my paint back 20 years ago I couldn't get my car out until we went to court. I'm glad you got it out. YA. Now you have all the control over the car. Don't ever take it back in that building as you will never get it back ,,, no matter what he may promise you don't ever let it go back to him.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

YOU DID THE RIGHT THING! I had a similar experience with a well known member on this forum and my '71 Trans Am. After three and of half years of complete apathy to the project, excuses and LIES, enough was enough and I took the car back. Best thing is getting the car back in your control.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks to all for info I just wanted to give him the benefit, I surprised him yesterday he even signed a paper saying that he owes me money for the contract he signed at the first of Dec.for not completing the job by a certain date, panels align, all body work, painted ,cut and buffed. I even got the tow truck driver to document where,when he picked it up and that the car was still in primer. I hate to be a a?? but I had enough. I had made 2 payments to him with receipts, and there was one more when job was complete.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Senior Chief

I hate to hear about your bad news, some guys will never learn and do what they say they are going to do. what a a**hole. I was going to stop in tomorrow and see mine and the phone rang. it was the body shop and wanted to know if the scoop gets the same color paint and they are painting the car as we spoke. I guess it will be a day or two till I call for the flatbed. we are getting snow today, so a day or two is ok. can't wait to see it. I hope you get ALL your money back, for the inconvience.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the support, pass some pics when you can.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Senior Chief

The pics I will send you will be a stripped body. it will take a little while to reassemble it. but at least it will be home. SNOW today, so the roads will be crappy for a day or two

Old 02-27-2014, 10:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well I learned the drunk that rear ended us has no insurance, she had insurance info but she failed to pay it so it lasped so I,m goin after my insurance for damages/bodily/pip so they now have to talk to the attorney. My car is tucked safely away in my shop waiting for me, even though not done its good to have her home. Hooray for old junk.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:03 AM
Senior Chief

man that sucks. scum bags should be put in jail. and in the mean time ours goes up. I had a woman t bone me, she had no li c or insurance and the tags were off another car. when the cops got there and check her papers the cop told me she was going to jail and on top of that she was drunk. in the end my ins co paid to repair my car and upped my insurance.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Senior Chief

I thought mine was going to be painted two weeks when they called and asked about painting the scoop, I was hopping they were going to lay down some color. well still waiting. I guess i'll take a ride tomorrow, and if they don't GET with it I will tow it out.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Good luck with the painting , whats wrong with these body places?

Old 03-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Senior Chief

believe it or not he called me today, its painted. just needs to be cut and buffed, and cleaned up (dust in int, in trunk and under hood). I just got backed from seeing it, I thought I was going to crap my pants. it is way better than I thought it would be. should bring it home on Saturday. then I have to put it back together, I stripped it before I took it to him. how are making out with yours. as soon as I figure how to down load the pic from my wife's phone, I will post them

Old 03-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Senior Chief

just needs to be cut and buffed, then I can put it back together.

Last edited by fatguyterry; 07-16-2014 at 09:28 PM.