Old 09-06-2010, 12:27 PM

Default IPOD/MP3 AUX IN JACK WITH AM RADIO

Folks here is a real easy solution to add mp3 playback capability and even FM to your stock AM radio without paying an arm/leg and grandkids for it. In fact I can add this mod to any working AM radio for $99.00 including shipping to the USA and I'll even recap the radio while I am in there. AM FM mono/stereo costs $175 due to more work involved. Recapping consists of removing all the old leaky electrolytic caps and replaciing each with brand new ones. Leaky,open circuit caps are one of the main reasons most of the old delco radios stop working or work poorly with low volume or just plain sound bad. I replace all of them along with the 40 year old fuse and this simple fix will add years to your radio. With the radio disassembled I patch in the wiring for a 1/8 inch nomally closed stereo jack. I extend the jack about 2 feet with a patch cord you can hide in your ashtray or mount under dash (see pic) Just plug in any mp3,cd player (ipod products included) and press play and sweet sound will play through your radios audio circuitry and out to your speaker(s) This works on AM AM FM mono or stereo radios BOP,Chevy and evn Fords. Once you unplug your device from the jack, your radio returns to normal operation. I added this to my 71 Lemans AM radio (see pic) and with the Sansa clip MP3 player I use I can listen to all of my 1000 downloaded songs for hours of commercial free tunes or switch over the the built in FM radio and it comes in loud and clear as a bell. Send me a message or email me at j65pony@aol.com for info. Turnaround time for the MP3 jack and recap is just a couple of days and your radio will be back in the mail. Have a safe Labor Day everyone. Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0241.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	217749   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0242.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	217750