The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 02-03-2023, 06:32 PM
Senior Chief

Default Favorite low $$ body tools?

Just curious what others always have to have around in the way of cheap tools they can’t live without for doing body work.

I grabbed this years ago and can’t live without it for almost any job.

Bacho 625 Carbide Scraper

Bahco 625 Premium Ergonomic Carbide Scraper, 1", with Plastic Holder,Black https://a.co/d/fn3gqYl

The carbide indexable blades last en eternity even when scraping metal. Great for knocking the rough slag edge off a panel you trimmed with a cutoff wheel, dross from a plasma cut, or even trimming back a high spot on the edge of 18-20ga sheet. I live with this in my hand to the point I even do drywall inside corners with it lol. I know for a fact Bacho makes the Snap On version, so hit them up if you’d rather pay 3X the price.

Next would be Dykem layout fluid. A worn out marker makes a huge fat line and rubs off where you need it most. Layout fluid with a sharp 90° Pick gives you a pinpoint scribe line that stays.

New DYKEM 80300 Steel Blue Layout Fluid Brush-in-Cap (4oz) https://a.co/d/7OYBq4q

What other cheap items can you think of that you can’t live without.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7A894858-FFC0-4C27-936E-E4798995FAAD.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	606586   Click image for larger version

Name:	88F12ED6-9B1E-4E5A-B580-7C092B72650F.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	606587