THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
Not just color but shape. They only allow 3 variations on one shape. 2 interior colors. 4 outside colors, two of which are different variations of gray / silver, the other two black and white, so technically NO colors. I think it is great, our vintage cars stand out like a neon where's Waldo.

I may offend some here (sorry), but I can't stand any of the new full size pick ups with the gigantic cartoon size grilles. How did they evolve into a giant flat non aerodynamic front ends? I love trucks, gimme the old style late 60's early 70's F250, F350, gimme 68-72 GMC / Chevy cab design, etc......
I think Dodge is to blame for the big ugly grilles from back in the 80's when they tried to make their pickups look like a Mach truck.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:19 AM

I have an all red Trans Am and I get followed by the police or troopers a lot, back when had my blue Trans Am I hardly got noticed by them.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac1981 View Post
I have an all red Trans Am and I get followed by the police or troopers a lot, back when had my blue Trans Am I hardly got noticed by them.
My first car when I was 16 was red - I had the same experience.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Senior Chief

I just read where BMW is only offering white and black on their entry models as part of the base price in the U.S. All other colors are a $550 option. Expensive cars to begin with and now they got even pricier.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Twistytee View Post
I just read where BMW is only offering white and black on their entry models as part of the base price in the U.S. All other colors are a $550 option. Expensive cars to begin with and now they got even pricier.
Solid black and white paint is less expensive than metallic paint. This actually makes perfect sense.

If you're buying a BMW, a $550.00 option to get what you want is not a big deal, even on an entry level model.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Twistytee View Post
Ala carte everything has long been a BMW staple.

It's been a while but recently as about 10 years ago a base Beemer would still have roll up windows, no a/c and no radio. I briefly looked at a Beemer for the wife about at that time. A/C was about $4,500 IIRC, Any audio package started at $2,500.

Ended up getting an Acura TL. What I liked about Acura was that the ONLY options were a nav system and color.
And true to this post, she wanted/got a white one.
Still have it. 193K on the clock.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Suspended

Wink

Seems to me that quite a few "entry level" late model cars are on the road with loud colors such as: Candy Apple Green, Reds, Purple Haze, Electric Blue, Pearl Orange, Yeller, etc. to appeal to "'da young uns", yes?

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/co...ht-future.html

Old 05-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Car makers build white and silver and black cars because that is what sells.
Whenever they come out with a bright color option there are very few takers. Personally,
I won't own a sporty car unless it is a bright outrageous color. I had to special order
my 2013 Mustang to get the color I wanted (Gotta Have It Green) because none of the dealers in Dallas had one on the lot. They were hesitant to order it for me because the sales
manager was afraid he couldn't sell a six speed manual Gotta Have It Green car if I backed out on the deal. I wouldn't have bought the car if they hadn't have had that color available. You
couldn't sell me one in any other color.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4331.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	363284   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4347.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	363285