Old 02-12-2002, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I hope someone can help. I have an M-20 in my 70 GTO. After driving for a while (when it's good and warm) it is very difficult to get into 1 and 2 gear. What gives?

Another propblem my oil pressure is max'd all the time. I have a stock oil pump (replaced it a year ago and put in a heavy duty drive shaft - wife was a great help - can you believe it!)and I changed the sending unit and the printed circuit. Could it be the guage?

Old 02-12-2002, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I hope someone can help. I have an M-20 in my 70 GTO. After driving for a while (when it's good and warm) it is very difficult to get into 1 and 2 gear. What gives?

Another propblem my oil pressure is max'd all the time. I have a stock oil pump (replaced it a year ago and put in a heavy duty drive shaft - wife was a great help - can you believe it!)and I changed the sending unit and the printed circuit. Could it be the guage?

Old 02-13-2002, 12:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Terry, I don't know a darn thing about trannys..but with you having just replaced the sending unit, I would suspect the sending unit as my first step.

Did you put teflon or another sealer around the threads?? Where did you purchase the sender? I only buy my sending units from PY or another dedicated PMD source. The ones I tried from "Yo Dudes" Autozoned parts didn't work although it looks identical.

-Matt

Old 02-14-2002, 09:20 PM

unplug the send unit wire at the unit and look at the guage with the key on. it should go to the low press reading. ground the wire and it should go to the high press reading. if the guage acts as described it's the sending unit, if it stays on the high reading check for grounded wiring between the sender and the cluster connector. check all of the body grounds,frame to body,frame to eng,body to engine. mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 02-15-2002, 12:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

On your shifting problem, check the clutch adjustment. The clutch might not be releasing completely and this can make it difficult to shift once the trans fluid gets warm (less internal drag).

1971 Trans Am 455HO M22; Cameo White / Blue
1971 GTO Convertible 455 M40; Starlight Black / Black
Old 02-15-2002, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a try.