Old 02-04-2002, 01:14 AM

What's the story on mirrors for a 1970 GTO Convertible? I have mounting holes for one mirror driver's side only. It looks like there is a hole in the middle for remote cable. Did they use painted remote mirrors in '70 or only the chrome? Is the fact that I only have one mirror a determining factor?

Old 02-04-2002, 01:14 AM

What's the story on mirrors for a 1970 GTO Convertible? I have mounting holes for one mirror driver's side only. It looks like there is a hole in the middle for remote cable. Did they use painted remote mirrors in '70 or only the chrome? Is the fact that I only have one mirror a determining factor?

Old 02-04-2002, 12:52 PM

Casey,
I can't find a catalog or option book that shows sport mirrors available for 1970. They all list driver's side only chrome and remote chrome. They are listed for 71, however.
BUT- on the front cover of the book- Pontiac GTO The Great One, it shows Steve Petro's 1970 Judge with dual sport mirrors.
Unless you planning on building a show car, I'd put on whatever I liked.

Kurt

[ February 04, 2002: Message edited by: Kurt Zimmerman ]</p>