THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm wearing out the edge of my couch cushion darn it. They just don't make it easy or relaxing do they. I'm originally from WI (moved 2008). I'm starting to enjoy the Cardinals but the Pack is still my team. HMMM. Packers at home playing the Cards for NFC champs? Man that would be sweet.
What in the world happened to dem Badgers????

Mark

Old 12-09-2014, 03:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Will you settle for Seahawks vs. Packers?

Old 12-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well to be honest I usually try and stay out of these type of controversial threads about alternate lifestyles, I guess what one man does to another is none of my business, but it just isn't right.

Ohhhhh, you meant those "Packers"? So sorry, won't bring it up again.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks73ta View Post
I'm wearing out the edge of my couch cushion darn it. They just don't make it easy or relaxing do they. I'm originally from WI (moved 2008). I'm starting to enjoy the Cardinals but the Pack is still my team. HMMM. Packers at home playing the Cards for NFC champs? Man that would be sweet.
What in the world happened to dem Badgers????

Mark
Elkhorn WI Mark,No,they don't make it easy to watch sometimes! If their defense doesn't tighten up,they'll lose in the playoffs again. Lucky they didn't lose last night!
Badgers-What an embarrassment,I figured Ohio St. would win,but I thought the Badgers would make a game of it! Kenosha native Melvin Gordon was a non factor. Well.... there's always the Outback Bowl to look forward to...snore

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:30 AM

Packers have to get thru lions. Lions win 2 straight in G.B. Yeah right !!

Old 12-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz68 View Post
Green bay-43, Falcons 37, .
Wow, this final surprises me. When I switched over from the game the Falcon's were down about 3 TD's and seemed to be struggling to do anything right.
I love scanning the crowd at a Green Bay game. I believe the starting temp was about freezing and a large part of the crowd looked to be wearing light jackets and baseball caps. Down here, you'd see the same attire at a game with temps in the 50's or 60's

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.

Last edited by David Jones; 12-09-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
Wow, this final surprises me. When I switched over from the game the Falcon's were down about 3 TD's and seemed to be struggling to do anything right.
I love scanning the crowd at a Green Bay game. I believe the starting temp was about freezing and a large part of the crowd looked to be wearing light jackets and baseball caps. Down here, you'd see the same attire at a game with temps in the 50's or 60's
David, did you know that more alcohol is consumed in WI than any other state? This MIGHT explain the outer clothing. On Packard Ave in Cudahy, WI (suburb of Milwaukee), there are 28 bars within a 2 block stroll.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 12-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yup, I went to bed at the start of the 4th quarter and when I woke up this morning I was like wtf happened!? How'd the Falcons get so close?!. By the way the town I live in here in Wisco consists of 1 market, 1 church and 14 bars lol

1967 GTO, 432 (428+.030), 4-bolt mains, factory Nodular crank, scat rods, icon dished pistons, Lunati HR 243/251@.050, .618/.622 lift, Edelbrock 72cc round port heads, 10.5:1, offy 2-4 intake, Edelbrock 650cfm carbs, Super T10 trans (2.64 first), BOP 10 bolt w/ Eaton posi and 3.36 gears
Old 12-10-2014, 02:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
Packers have to get thru lions. Lions win 2 straight in G.B. Yeah right !!
It's late in the season to finally get the Lions' offense to click. I too am holding out for a last game crushing of the Packers.

But in the absence of that, I would bask in the awesomeness of a Cardinals hosted NFC championship game.

The Rodgers/Nelson show is mostly what is keeping the Packers winning. But I'm sure the Packers fans don't mind the end result!

Old 12-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
The Rodgers/Nelson show is mostly what is keeping the Packers winning. But I'm sure the Packers fans don't mind the end result!
They didn't have a good day in Buffalo and need to clean things up or they will be traveling to Seattle for a playoff game Too bad they couldn't play the Bears for their last two games!

Old 12-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripower View Post
They didn't have a good day in Buffalo and need to clean things up or they will be traveling to Seattle for a playoff game Too bad they couldn't play the Bears for their last two games!
Come on that wasnt nice. Sending a professional team to play a bunch of high school kids wont prove anything.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripower View Post
Saying they didn't have a good day is an understatement.

Kyle Orton had his worst (QB rating (86.7 season average - 54.2 on Sunday) wise anyway) day of the season and had a much better day than Rodgers.

That's saying a lot - that Rodgers bad day (34.2 rating on Sunday) was WORSE than Orton's worst of the season.

Go Tampa Bay!!!

Old 12-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Angry

Doggone it.
I hope the Packers got all the 'bad game' ju-ju out of their system on that one.
With next week's assumed easy wins for both Detroit & Green Bay, it's shaping up to be a nail biter season finale for Packer fans. Not unlike the 2010 NFC championship game.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cardinals and Lions... Cardinals and Lions...

Old 12-19-2014, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Packers will learn from that Buffalo game and come out strong. I heard the Bears benched Jay for this weekend. Its about time!

Old 12-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs up Packers beat Lions for divisional championship

Woo hoo, Green Bay got it done.
I questioned letting Rogers get back in the game in the second half, but it probably was the right thing to do, as Detroit had some come-back mojo going on there.
I also thought it was totally unnessicary to let him be on the field for the final run-out-the-clock series.

Ndamukong Suh continues to campaign for the Dirtiest Player in the NFL.
IMHO the League should look at fining him for the standing on Rogers' leg stunt but they probably won't. He knew what he was doing.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...d-playoff-game

They should sit him down a year.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:41 PM

Old 12-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67gtospud View Post
Yup, I went to bed at the start of the 4th quarter and when I woke up this morning I was like wtf happened!? How'd the Falcons get so close?!. By the way the town I live in here in Wisco consists of 1 market, 1 church and 14 bars lol
Too funny...I've been to your town a few times....Wisco Ind is a customer of mine. I've also been in a few of the small Wisco bars. I love WI

Old 12-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
Heard Fran Tarkington comment on sports talk radio about Jay. He says Jay doesn't have what it takes, in several areas....I agree.

Glad to see donkeykong sue suspended for the first playoff game. He doesn't need to pull stupid stuff, his on field presence is intimidating enough, I'm sure...

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...