Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2024, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
Mike my guess is, you don’t have the money to do the rebuild on this motor. Or better question is, whats your budget. ?
He's filling out applications for credit cards, Harbor Freight and Lowes.

Except the websites he gave his personal and financial information to were actually 'ladingyang.com' and 'bannisterdome.xyz'. I expect there are already several debts (in Mike's name) that he has yet to become aware of. Calm before the storm.

Old 02-04-2024, 05:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Originally Posted by jhein
Here's a really important thing. If you're really thinking you're going to find the person who owns the car that motor came out of, or even just numbers correct vs matching, that person doesn't want you to do one more thing to that motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADERMIKE 2012 View Post
Mikes reply:

Bold statement, But I would be calling the shots here, being the seller. This is an example of one way that I would show and sell an engine, in complete form.
My statement was bold? Nah. Saying you're gonna sell your motor for 25k? Now that's a bold statement. Might even say grandiose.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share
The Following User Says Thank You to jhein For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2024, 06:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post

Who's got 20 pages in pool?

Here's my post trying to get it there.

66 Chevy II 461 Pontiac in AZ
Old 02-04-2024, 06:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would say if a shop rebuilds your engine with forged rotating assm and hyd roller cam it would sell for the 7-8 thousand range without the tripower.That is with the shop doing everything and have invoice to prove it.Others can second guess me.Tom

Old 02-04-2024, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
I would say if a shop rebuilds your engine with forged rotating assm and hyd roller cam it would sell for the 7-8 thousand range without the tripower.That is with the shop doing everything and have invoice to prove it.Others can second guess me.Tom
Agree.

However any engine either freshly built and never run or even a low miles nice performance engine are all a hard sell and lose value the minute you plunked down your cash to build them in the first place.

No matter what’s listed on the receipt nobody’s going to give you anything close to what you paid to build it, period. A 428 HO isn’t a high value engine that enters the realm of 421 Super Duty or 455 SD, 455 HO and 400 RAII/RAIV Ram Air round port engines that can bring 5 figures.

A nicely concourse restored 1966 Tri-Power may command up to $4000 from the right buyer but most nice complete running setups will be in the 2 to 3 thousand dollar range.

An average at best 1979 Trans Am that’s displaying non-stock personalized owner modifications (1976 facia painted semigloss black, etc.) may at best bring 20k, the 100k cars are almost non-existent and cost more than that much to build. Forget about putting your car into that high priced category, it’s simply unrealistic.

Since plenty of quite knowledgeable members have taken their time to present thoughtful guidance and solid advice and you’ve chosen to question or worse yet ignore it altogether I’m closing this thread, honestly I see no point in continuing on with this convoluted discussion.

I’m sorry to say it but this thread has turned into a complete waste of bandwidth.

Final take from what I’ve read here would be don’t build it yourself.

Closed.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread