Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 10-02-2023, 02:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 1977 Headlight Switch connector (pigtail) and Wiper Switch connector (pigtail)

I need a Headlight Switch connector for a 1977 Trans Am. This is the plastic piece that contains the headlight wires and connects to the headlight switch. My old Headlight switch connector has 6 pins. I checked RockAuto and it appears there is an aftermarket Headlight Switch connector, https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...connector,2584
But, this headlight switch connector uses 5 pins.
Does anyone make a 6 pin headlight switch connector ?
I am also looking for a Wiper Switch connector. My Wiper Switch is standard 2 speed (non pulse). My old Wiper Switch connector is 4 pins. Does anyone make a 4 pin wiper switch connector ?
I thought these parts would be common to many Pontiac and GM cars.

Thanks for any help

Old 10-02-2023, 08:26 PM

Well that’s weird. Does one of the empty slots in the repop connector match up with the sixth pin on your switch? The easiest route may be to add another terminal to the connector.