Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-24-2006, 02:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Portmatching intake manifold

Not enough meat on my old TRam so I am ordering a GutsRam. Will be doing a simple port matching at the least, I dont have a clue about enhanceing manifold airflow at least not beyond the very basic so I wouldnt want to screw it up trying to get too fancy. I believe as cast openings are 1.4"x2.3"
My question is: assuming a head port opening of 1.5" x 2.5", would I want to go far beyond the manifold port after gasket matching and how far? I was thinking after the port is matched to the gasket, it would make sense to make a matching template on a stick and keep the same port opening dimension going until the port swells into the plenum. Ive never done this before, just some simple cleanup on street manifolds. and my only reference to deeper grinding is my Butler ported Victor which appears to use the above at least as far as the ports go.
Does this sound reasonable? any comments will be appreciated.