Old 06-28-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Trim clips and mastercylinder

As I sit here waiting for my second coat of clear to flash, I thought I'd see if anyone can tell me how the trim on my 60 ventura clips on. Here's a pic of the clips that have me baffled. The trim was in the trunk when I bought the car. Its all there, but I'm missing some clips. Also, is there a favourite way to convert to a dual reservoir mastercylinder? A particular year/model donor I should go hunt down? No seatbelts, solid steering column, steel dash, and brakes with no second chance.....kinda gives me the willies thinking about it. There's a shot of my flames as well. I think I picked a tough paint job to do for my first one, black and flames, but it seems to be working out so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clp.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	96020   Click image for larger version

Name:	flm.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	96021  

Old 06-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The flames look cool. I believe those clips just push in to the other part/ clip holder that would be in the oval hole in the side of your car. It looks just like what I need for all of the trim in my 61.

Not to hijack your thread, but do you know where I can get the clips that you have pictured in your stainless?

Old 06-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I don't know for sure on the 1960, but on both 1961 and 1962 cars, I have converted to a dual master by using a 64 fullsize booster and a 67 fullsize dual master cylinder. Make sure that both units are the same make--that is either both bendix or both delco. Good luck.... Bill