Old 08-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 64 GTO

Didn't know if anyone here is bidding on this. It is on EBAY and has been listed on the local Craig's list for quite awhile. Had a few minutes to kill so I went to see it to satisfy my curiousity. Was told there were over 80k in receipts. Hmmmm. Is it possible to spend that much money-not including the original purchase price of the car and end up with (at best) a mid level driver???? Trunk was spray painted over surface rust and the lid is bubbling along the rear edge. Felt like possible surface rust along the lower edge of the rear quarters couldn't see because the shop was very dark and I didn't brink a flashlight. There is a pretty good sized ding on the driver's side quarter and the bumpers are marginal. Front grill trim has quite a few dings. I would give the paint a 6.5 to 7. Not as nice as it shows in the pictures. The rear panel is heavily pitted and there is damage to the driver's side hood scoop insert. The motor didn't smoke but sounds like a very mild big car motor. Was told it got a stock rebuild. The air conditioning works but the tach, and gas gage do not.
The interior looked nice (wrong steering wheel) and the seats were firm. After all of this I decided not to drive it as I suspect there are other issues.
Perhaps I am out of the loop but is this what one should expect for an upper 20's 64? In my opinion it needs another 5k-10k invested to make it a "nice" driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-6BLfYCa4w

Old 08-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Senior Chief

it sure shows nice,

Old 08-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes it does, which is why I had some interest. He wants 28.8k for it which is a drop from the 32k he was asking in the past. I just don't know if my expectations are realistic or this is what you get for that kind of money. Seems like about a 18-20k car to me.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

from a dealer, yes.