Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 04-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Suspended

Default AFB carbs for offy dual quad. What to look for?

Hey guys

I have a offy 5499 dual quad intake. I do understand the car would make more power with a single four and RPM intake. Just wanted to get that out of the way. The car is a 63 Tempest so the dual quad would have extra cool factor.

Engine plans are 461 with ported KRE D-ports or possibly ported cast irons.

Cam will be Hyd. roller either the stump puller or old faithful.

compression ratio will be whatever is needed to run 91 octane with whichever cam is selected

Trans will be tko 600 or t56. The rear gears are undecided at this point im starting from scratch.

If I decide to go for a Super Dutyish look I'm wondering what carb #s I should be looking for what year ranges cfm ect. I hear the early AFB are best to look for.

thanks for the help.

Last edited by BubbleTops; 04-02-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Contact 61-63 on this site.He can do a set of clones that will look correct.I have a couple sets of them.You will like them.Tom