Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 10-24-2002, 12:17 PM

Does anyone know what the little hole is for in the floor of the plenum of the Holley Street Dominator manifold??? Its about 1/4 hole directly under the primarys inside on the floor of the manifold. There appears to be a space underneath this hole where gas and rest, kind of like a puddle.

Old 10-24-2002, 12:17 PM

Does anyone know what the little hole is for in the floor of the plenum of the Holley Street Dominator manifold??? Its about 1/4 hole directly under the primarys inside on the floor of the manifold. There appears to be a space underneath this hole where gas and rest, kind of like a puddle.

Old 10-24-2002, 01:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

As far as I can tell, it's for EGR. If you look in front of the plenum, there appears to be a spot to mount an EGR valve, and it looks like there are two passages. One goes to the exhaust crossover, and the other goes to the hole in the floor of the intake.

Old 10-24-2002, 02:13 PM

Should I plug it with something???
Seems like alot of gas will get trapped down there. This is the second Dominator I have seen with this, were they all cast this way???

Old 10-24-2002, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to 428GTO70

I had one with the same hole in it, pretty sure its normal. I thought it was odd also.

GR-RRR!

1970 GTO 458 CID .040 over 4 Bolt 428 Block, Forged Eagle 455 Crank, 295 CFM SD KRE D-Ports, SD Old Faithful HR Cam + Comp HR Lifters, PPR Maxx-lite rods, Racetec pistons, PRW 1.65 SS Rockers, 900CFM Holley HP TBI, Performer RPM, Hooker Super Comps, 3" X-Pipe into 2.5" mufflers/tailpipes, 2.75 1st TH400, Continental 13" Converter, 8.5" 3.08 Posi.
Everything installed, fired up and tuning has begun!
Old 10-24-2002, 05:13 PM
Senior Chief

Same here... I was kinda curious , never thought of plugging it, has to be there for a reason. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2002, 05:32 PM
Senior Chief

Hmmm. could be it. Have a block off plate where the EGR would be. Fuel could puddle there... With no EGR it seems "maybe" it should be plugged? OK intake guru's... Advice needed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2002, 05:40 PM

seems like it should be plugged, with all the mentions of people using this manifold on this forum, why hasn't this come up before????

Anyway, what should I do with it??
Plug or No Plug??

Old 10-24-2002, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you don't have a block off plate where the EGR provision is, then definitely plug it or you will have a massive vacuum leak. I dunno about fuel puddling down there, not sure why it would. Shouldn't be that much raw fuel on the floor of the plenum anyway. In any case, it won't hurt to plug it. Either tap it and stick a pipe plug in, or drill out so it's round and put a soft plug in it, which is what I'll probably do.

Old 10-25-2002, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Make sure you plug that hole by welding. Any good welder can circle that hole in.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Right and wrong doesn't need facts all the time.
-Lighthouseman ("lawyer")

Starnes Performance Automatics
www.Starnesperformance.com
Old 10-25-2002, 09:47 PM
Senior Chief

I plugged mine with a piece of 3/8's all thread, just tapped the hole, and red loctited it in place.