Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 02-14-2002, 05:34 PM
Senior Chief

I have been asking brian a ton of questions,figured I would leave him alone for awhile and ask it on here. I bought the comp cams roller tip rockers part number CCA-1451-16 ,Pontiac: 265-455, 7/16 in. stud, 1.52 ratio, Magnum roller tip rockers. It says for the 7/16 inch stud,but the nuts that came with it won't screw on the 7/16,they seem to fit the 3/8 inch stud. anyways,I have another set of 7/16 nuts,no problem there. Heres the question,the ball washers that came with the rockers,do fit on the 7/16,but snuggly. They slide up and down the stud with general ease,but should there be a gap between the stud and washer? as long as they fit over the stud,is that okay? Thanks,Charles

Old 02-14-2002, 05:34 PM
Senior Chief

I have been asking brian a ton of questions,figured I would leave him alone for awhile and ask it on here. I bought the comp cams roller tip rockers part number CCA-1451-16 ,Pontiac: 265-455, 7/16 in. stud, 1.52 ratio, Magnum roller tip rockers. It says for the 7/16 inch stud,but the nuts that came with it won't screw on the 7/16,they seem to fit the 3/8 inch stud. anyways,I have another set of 7/16 nuts,no problem there. Heres the question,the ball washers that came with the rockers,do fit on the 7/16,but snuggly. They slide up and down the stud with general ease,but should there be a gap between the stud and washer? as long as they fit over the stud,is that okay? Thanks,Charles

Old 02-14-2002, 07:15 PM
Boost Engineer

Charles, You are a good guy so I will try and help
you out. The balls should fit snugly around the
studs. The washers need to be large enough on the
hole size so that the washer can go over the non threaded portion of the stud. Sometimes, to get proper adjustment of the valvetrain, the ball and
washer will set fairly low on the stud. You also
need to check that the ball is not riding on the radius of the stud, (next to the nut on the stud)
If it is, you will not be able to get proper valve
train adjustment. In this case you may need a longer pushrod to clear the radius. Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.