67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 67 Firebird - What is it worth?

Before I start, I'm thinking we need a sticky somewhere like the lobby where people can post questions like this

Anyways, a friend of a friend is selling a 67 Bird, and I'm thinking about taking it off his hands

Its in serviceable shape

Its a coupe, made in Lordsburg, paint was Mayfair Maze with Black vinyl top. Inside it has the Black Custom Option Vinyl

Options:
1st Group: E - Soft-ray Tinted Glass (All Windows)

2nd Group: E - AC, G-Console, S-RearAntenna, Z-3-spd AT

3rd Group: F-400

Any help, opinions, thoughts, advice, tips or other similes would be greatly appreciated haha

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires
Old 11-04-2018, 12:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

too much information

Old 11-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
too much information

your post ->

My head -> O

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
Old 11-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How about some info related to condition, originality etc. ?

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)
Old 11-05-2018, 09:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by north View Post
How about some info related to condition, originality etc. ?
Yeah sorry I got so wrapped up in decoding the tag I forgot some pretty important details there huh

The interior is pretty much all there, needs headliner and carpet, dash pad is cracked

The exterior needs a couple rusty spots patched, nothing crazy, no holes in the floor pans, the paint looks bad, kinda looks like a rattle can respray in a different color or an old maaco job

Guy said original drivetrain is gone

Oh and AC is gutted out

Old 11-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Is it a running driving car? You would probably get better answers if you posted some pics of the car.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by max 93 View Post
Is it a running driving car? You would probably get better answers if you posted some pics of the car.
it is running, he turned it on for us

I found his craigslist ad, but not sure if the mods will let me link it here

hes asking 11k

Old 11-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainofiron View Post
it is running, he turned it on for us

I found his craigslist ad, but not sure if the mods will let me link it here

hes asking 11k
At the risk of repeating what you already know, the condition of the body is likely your biggest issue. When people talk about rust repair they usually talk about the rust they can easily spot. Realistically, if you have to replace quarter panels, floorboards and a trunk panel, you are talking some very serious money. The general rule of thumb I now use is to look at the car and figure out how much it will cost to fix everything that will get it to the way I want it. I then compare that to a car a could buy for the total sum of money. Seldom have I found that it's worth paying for significant body work unless the car has something about it that's rare. You can dump $10K or more in these cars faster than you can say "Oh S**t.

I'm probably the worlds worst example of following the rule above in early years. I spent a boatload of coin restoring my car. Yeah, I'm in love with it after 30 years, but wish I just bought a better one to begin with and instead of spending years restoring it, just waited and bought one that was done.

Now if it's already the way you want it and you love it.........it's at your discretion what the car is worth. Just compare it to similar cars for sale and pull the trigger if you want it.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtobird View Post
At the risk of repeating what you already know, the condition of the body is likely your biggest issue. When people talk about rust repair they usually talk about the rust they can easily spot. Realistically, if you have to replace quarter panels, floorboards and a trunk panel, you are talking some very serious money. The general rule of thumb I now use is to look at the car and figure out how much it will cost to fix everything that will get it to the way I want it. I then compare that to a car a could buy for the total sum of money. Seldom have I found that it's worth paying for significant body work unless the car has something about it that's rare. You can dump $10K or more in these cars faster than you can say "Oh S**t.

I'm probably the worlds worst example of following the rule above in early years. I spent a boatload of coin restoring my car. Yeah, I'm in love with it after 30 years, but wish I just bought a better one to begin with and instead of spending years restoring it, just waited and bought one that was done.

Now if it's already the way you want it and you love it.........it's at your discretion what the car is worth. Just compare it to similar cars for sale and pull the trigger if you want it.
Thanks for the reality check

The more I thought about it, the more unsure I got. It's always more expensive when you pick up somebody else's project, you never know what they did or didn't do and you never know the quality of work they did