Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2021, 06:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Extra set of #62 heads. Need help for me to decide what I should do with them.

When I bought my '69 GTO last year, the engine had been completely disassembled. I got 2 sets of #62 heads with it.
The original set that the engine came with from the factory at one time had had hardened valve seats installed in them. This was done done by a prior owner to the guy that sold me the car. Not long after he bought it, one of the heads dropped a seat. The damage done to the head and block wasn't that severe but he opted to find a virgin set of heads and he found a set that even had a date code very close. He had those gone through by a machine shop with new valves. So these heads are the ones I used for the engine build.

Here's photos of the old original heads:

I'd like to sell them but I don't know if they would be desirable to anyone or not. Plus I have no idea what they would be worth to know if they are even practical to try and sell. Not much market for these locally since I live in smallish city and the big cities (Dallas, San Antonio and Austin) are all about 200 miles away from here.

Anyway, advice of any kind will be appreciated.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO