THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2022, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default fake vin!!.. 1970 GTO 455 ram air conv. 4 sp. I sold 11 years ago

Well, I was notified that this car that I restored to #1 ( posted earlier here , BAJA GOLD 1970 GTO ram air 455 conv. 4 speed..1 of 3)) I bought this basket case which did NOT have a matching engine vin # ( blank, no vin#) and then sold it to a guy when completed, he sold it and advertised it as NON matching (blank) also it is now on BAT with a matching block # vin!..??!..HMMM..Something happened from when I bought it and after I sold it , ...just your thoughts..I've talked to a heavy there at bat and am trying to figure out how this happened. I lost $ because I adv. it as non matching.. someone is now trying to make a possible + 20%?? ..more BY HAVING IT MATCHING. Kind of sucks.. a picture of the "new block vin#" is on the bat site. Please check it out.. Thanx!... Forrest