The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 10-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What kind of panel are you talking about? I ask because earlier you said you didn't want a 'storebought' patch panel, you wanted to get some scrap metal and cut a 4 X 4.
Preformed patch panels can be ordered from Ames, Performance Years or Goodmark Industries. Tale a look through their online catalogs.
Scrap, you can get from another car at the salvage yard.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:42 PM

classic industries has them and they are in cali like you! the z-grip is used at the body shop i work at and is pretty good! i would use the majority of your panel due to the fact when you get into the fender your gonna find more rust than what is seen above the paint. i would use a small screw driver and poke around the area until you find solid metal. then go 2" above that and make that your repair line!

if your going to fill in the holes for the rocker trim, i would make reference as to where they are on the fender. take measurements before you fill them in, in case you cant find them again!

i own a 67 im doing the whole rear half of the car on. im a welder by trade so i have an edge on some but am bodywork stupid! the link in the above to the autobodystore has helped me some for refernece. also the camaro forum has ALOT of info on it as well!