Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 08-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to performerrpm
Default interested in a couple enderle set ups...

i was lookin at these to set ups on ebay, one coming from a pontiac and i assume the other was on a ford.
i like the one from the ford and wouldnt mind having it or one like it anyway but what else would i need thats not in his auction? i know there not the most street friendly and my 66 will be seeing some street use but by no means a driver. just wondering how much more money id have to spend to get the rest of the parts. thanks in advance

since this is more a race part i figured id ask it here.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ender...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ENDER...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 08-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm by no means an expert, but you would be in for alot of trial and error/ homework. Much fabrication unless he has the whole setup, pump, barrell valve, hoses... Mechanical fuel injections has 2 positions, idle and WOT.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Don't be discouraged before you get started. mechanical injection is very simple, almost too simple.

I currently have 2 operating mechanical injection setups on Pontiacs and am building a 3rd set up for my '65 Tempest that will also see some street time.

Here are some basics-
You need a pump that runs constant to engine speed- either driven off of the cam or off of a belt. Twice the rpm, twice the amount of fuel available. I say available because that does not mean you use twice as much. Much of the fuel is bypassed back to the fuel tank.
For a door car deal with some street time, I would use your large tank in the back, mount a secondary tank 2-4 gal in front of or next to the motor. Use an electric pump to feed the main tank to the secondary tank.
Use the mechanical pump from the seconrd tank to your barrel valve. From there, you will have a bypass line back to the secondary tank.
Go for it! Play with it! learn something and have some fun! I do!
You can also have a fuel injection company set up your whole system for you and get it in the ball park ( tune wise) before you even install it.
Using a hat style set up will be easier to tune and set up than a direct port mechanical deal.
Have fun with it if you do it.

Steve

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 08-09-2008, 04:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You do know you'll also need a really hot chick to get out and squirt a little gas or such into the injector hat to fire it off all the time,,,now dont you???

LOL.

In the meantime,check out the cars HERE.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default thats what i was needing to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak View Post
Don't be discouraged before you get started. mechanical injection is very simple, almost too simple.

I currently have 2 operating mechanical injection setups on Pontiacs and am building a 3rd set up for my '65 Tempest that will also see some street time.

Here are some basics-
You need a pump that runs constant to engine speed- either driven off of the cam or off of a belt. Twice the rpm, twice the amount of fuel available. I say available because that does not mean you use twice as much. Much of the fuel is bypassed back to the fuel tank.
For a door car deal with some street time, I would use your large tank in the back, mount a secondary tank 2-4 gal in front of or next to the motor. Use an electric pump to feed the main tank to the secondary tank.
Use the mechanical pump from the seconrd tank to your barrel valve. From there, you will have a bypass line back to the secondary tank.
Go for it! Play with it! learn something and have some fun! I do!
You can also have a fuel injection company set up your whole system for you and get it in the ball park ( tune wise) before you even install it.
Using a hat style set up will be easier to tune and set up than a direct port mechanical deal.
Have fun with it if you do it.

Steve

i think this guys set up is complete but it was using a cam driven pump with some sorta moon cover? i guess you cant run accessories qwith that set up so he recommended a rons flying toilet remote pum to use with stock cover. i guess none of the alchohol stuff will work for me so iam trying to get everything that i can use in a package deal he seems negotiable. so if he had all this set up for alky and i dont by his pump and go with the remote style i know i wont beable to use the barrel valves but what else will i have to get to complete aside from the stuff you mentioned about the tanks.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingchief View Post
You do know you'll also need a really hot chick to get out and squirt a little gas or such into the injector hat to fire it off all the time,,,now dont you???

LOL.
well it comes with a primer of some sort but i think i can find some sorta use for some fine chic, just gotta try and find one

Old 08-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

well, it looks like iam committed now! hope this wasnt to bad a deal, the hat with lines, primer tank, gaskets for the hat, mounting hardware, water crossover, tunnel ram, and some misc parts, oh yeah and the barrel valve

1500 for all that. how did i do?

still would be nice to have a blower between the hat and heads but i guess just injected will be fine for now!

Old 08-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

decent deal!, don't worry bout blower There are some really fast injected cars! whats the long block?

D.S.R.E. Your NW Pontiac Street/Strip Engine Builder, Specializing in Cylinder Head,Intake Manifold,and Exhaust Manifold Porting services and Building the Most Efficient stock rebuilds to Hi HP Pump Gas and Race Combinations for Pontiac,Buicks,Olds,FE Fords,385 Series and HP Gen 3 and 4 LS engines!
2006 silvy Z71 4X4,383 LS 600+hp NA
Shared Toy-66 Lemans 470cid by me 537hp 580tq-manifolds, 570hp 590tq-2"headers,custom cam,rpm intake, mild e-heads, Looks stock ;-}
Old 08-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs up Enderle Hat

Im glad someone else is trying a hat. Im putting one on my IA-2, CV-1 headed engine as soon as Jim releases the CV-2 tunnel ram. Ill be watching to see how yours comes together. Good luck with your project. Scott

Old 08-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440GP69 View Post
decent deal!, don't worry bout blower There are some really fast injected cars! whats the long block?
.030 455. the short block is nothing to fancy just a n crank forged pistons rods with 11.5 cr. the heads are 72 cc 310 sd eheads set up for a solid roller cam which i scored from here awhile back from jack ferris it a .426 lobe with 271-279 @ .050 and a 104 lsa. i have the aluminum tri power thats was port matched by sd to my heads but that injection set up you just dont see to often around here. now i have gotta send the tunnel ram to sd to get it ported and iam gonna do as steve mentioned above about sending the hat to be tuned.

now when i get it ready for paint this winter ill have to paint my gto hood and a lemans hood to butcher up.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiacguy View Post
Im glad someone else is trying a hat. Im putting one on my IA-2, CV-1 headed engine as soon as Jim releases the CV-2 tunnel ram. Ill be watching to see how yours comes together. Good luck with your project. Scott
ill be posting pics and bugging everyone on these forums when i start putting it together, steve barcak especially