Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2022, 01:03 PM

Default Fuel System Choice

Hey guys I am on the fuel system stage of my restoration and really need some help on a fuel system for the car.

My Set UP 455 bored .040 with 4.5 stroke. Dynoed 560 HP and 650 Ft. Pounds of torque

It has a 950 cfm carb running to a fuel cell in the back. This will be running an 8 an line to the carb and 6an return line back to the fuel call. I have purchased a 35 micron and 100 micron fuel filters with 8an inlets and outlets.

I am having difficulty finding the right size regulator and pump for the car. I thought a Holley Blue fuel pump but they only come with 6an inlets and outlets and the same story for the regulators. Also what pressure do I set this regulator at when I am done. Any advice on the regulator and pump selection would be appreciated? Brands that have worked for your combo? Advice on the fittings, going from 6an to 8an or not?

Thanks
Chris