Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 09-12-2008, 09:18 AM

Unhappy Stolen 70 GTO

Last seen Monday night 9/8/08 on Easton Road in Warrington, PA.
Car couldn't stay running because of faulty accelerator pump. No interior.All new sheet metal, fendors, hood and quarters. Soft Ray all around. New Tinted windshield. New Hurst Competition Plus 4 speed shifter, 3:23 posi rear, T-10 trans and 455 engine. Alimonum slooted mags. Painted red 15 months ago. Reported missing by me on Thursday morning to the Warrington Police. Believe it is still in the Bucks County area. most likely getting cut up. Any sightings no matter how trivial it may be, please call me at 609-209-8097 anytime or email me at glennh@camdeniron.com or reply here at this site. Thank you. Glenn Haines

Old 09-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glenn, sorry to hear this.

I am in L. Bucks and will keep a sharp eye out. 70's are my fav. GTO so I have an auto scanner in my head for them!

Sounds like it got grabbed by a scumbag passing by in a repo truck or a flatbed.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I will keep my eye out also! Sorry to hear this, I too am from lower bucks, hopefully luck prevails.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:57 PM

unfortunately, i work in the scrap biz and buy cars for our shredders. we have many problems with stolen cars from a few known customers. mine will no doubt turn up as an abandoned shell. warrington police have been in touch with me and following up on known interested parties that have inquired about the car in the past. i was selling my 68 to finance finishing the 70. oh well. guess i'm keeping the 68. i do appreciate the kind words. thank you.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey ya never know, I know of a couple stolen "hotbeds" in the bristol area, maybe I'll do the old driveby. btw which warrington cop is helping, his initials would'nt be DD?

Old 09-13-2008, 08:23 AM

Ofc. Aita

Old 09-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

4d, you thinking Old Rodgers Road by any chance?

BTW, what "section" are you in? (Initials only)

Old 09-13-2008, 12:07 PM

The story behind this car is where it had been stored. People who saw both of my cars would inquire if they were for sale. This area was only known by the people that rented space or aquaintances of them that stopped by. the plan was for me to to tow them away after they were put outside the yard. When this was to happen, I was to be called. I didn't get that call until 2 days went by. there was always interest in the 70 because it was a solid car with new everything. the 68 on the other hand needs paint, moldings put back on, weatherstripping replaced and so on. the 68 has insurance and the 70 didn't. I wanted to get it when completed since like everybody knows, the money involved with these projects are always a drain on your wallet. The tag on my 68 was stolen too, so I had to report that. To me, it was to coincidental that this was taken so quickly. If anybody were to drive by this area, you would never even know there was a yard in rear of the businesses out front. Plus, it's almost suicidal pulling out of the drive because it on a blind curve on Easton Road before Street Road. only people that know it's there are all aquaintances of each other along with the landlord. he was the one that wanted them out so he could open a new business venture on the site. He has been questioned along with a few people I mentioned to the police. Whoever has it, is definitely one of those who was familiar with the property. now that it's on the national hot list it will be cut for scrap. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now but the odds as time goes by will mean I never see it again. I even secured an indoor storage facility that I paid for in advance to store the 70 so i can finish it over the next few months. the car did have a special meaning to me and my wife. but, that's another story. Again, thanks nfor the interest.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glenn, Sorry to hear of your plight. I hope they catch the persons reposnisble. Did you have insurance on the car? Hopefully you had enough coverage.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 09-15-2008, 09:58 AM

no insurance on the 70. i dropped it a few years ago when it was sitting in a garage where the quarters and new metal was done. didn't have an interior yet and felt safe where it was. i insure three vehicles now and four was just to much for me. the 68 has been insured for 15 years. all new metal, tach, steering column and interior kit were purchased from PY for the 70 along with parts for the 68.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Overkill, there was a hotspot there years ago, I was thinking of a few diffrent places. I know of that a lot of cars came through. I knew a guy who worked for this place briefly. As far as old rodgers rd is concerned I met a guy that lived on that road across from wm that gave me a whole shed full of parts, mainly got/lemans stuff. They were owned by an ex husband that lived at the property, would'nt doubt some of them are stolen no way to tell though. Still got a bunch of stuff I'll be taking to fall englishtown. I live right by u.o. I hate hearing stories like this. My helper at work is from warrington, I know there are a lot of hood rat kids in that area. I cant feel your pain ghaines but also know a guy who got his 69 ss chevelle stolen, he said it was like his wife died, this guy was literally sick to his stomach for months, lost a lot of weight, Ifelt really bad for him.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm right in Warminster area and it sickens me how dirtbaggy the area has become. I will keep an eye out for you as well. Good luck. Keep your eye on craigslist as well, maybe post a few wanted ads for 70 gto parts.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:39 AM

actually, i'm flattered that i've had some responses on this site. thanks, but it's now been five days and it's looking gloomy to say the least. still haven't told my son yet. i did the old rodgers road tour. i'm aware of some people who are shall we say, unreputable? i just didn't think that car could go to far out of the warrington/warminster/doylestown/hatboro vicinity. lots of property around there. street road and easton rd(611) sees more traffic than ever with the development at the intersection.
Glenn Haines

Old 09-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Still keeping my eyes peeled in my travels around the lower end and mid section. Also keeping an eye on Craigslist.

Glenn, you might want to grab the latest issue of "Tradin Times and "Sell-it" if they are still around. I remember that being another avenue for thieves to unload stuff under the radar.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glenn, this is interesting. Might want to check it out:

Craigslist (Phila.) sale-820121839@craigslist.org

Old 09-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's a lead in Warminster:

sale-836692935@craigslist.org

Old 09-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

another:

sale-835414869@craigslist.org

Old 09-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure if yours was a 10 or 12 bolt, but here is one:

sale-793524051@craigslist.org

Old 09-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I spoke with my helper at work and he said it is most likely not a kid his age from that area,[20-24]. He agrees it chopped by now. Hey ghaines I got a 72 frame on the side of my shed thats in pretty decent shape, pretty sure it'll fit a 70. You could start building a 70 again. You could haul it away for free and start over. I got some other stuff too I'd sell cheap. I'm betting you'll find parts to it, overkill had some good suggestions.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry, posted the email links, DUH! Will try to get the right links for you and repost. Darn I can't delete those posts either! ARGGH!