Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 06-27-2000, 11:14 PM

I've read edelbrocks ad that mentions an increased deck thickness in the 87cc head over the RA IV head that these heads are supposedly patterned after. Can anybody comment on the differences in deck thickness and the resulting increase in pushrod length associated with 87cc e-heads going on a RA IV or otherwise stock deck height motor?

Old 06-27-2000, 11:14 PM

I've read edelbrocks ad that mentions an increased deck thickness in the 87cc head over the RA IV head that these heads are supposedly patterned after. Can anybody comment on the differences in deck thickness and the resulting increase in pushrod length associated with 87cc e-heads going on a RA IV or otherwise stock deck height motor?

Old 06-27-2000, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

R-Air 1V heads are about .300 thick, while the E-heads are about ½" thick ( or .500 ) you can easily take off .100 on E-heads. I don't think this effects push rod length though, just has a thicker deck. Cam base circle effects push rod length, especially if your using an after market cam, or after
market rockers, the H-Sharp roller rockers do need a different push rod.

Old 06-28-2000, 09:52 PM

Thanks for the response. Can you tell me what the stock cam's base circle is so I'll know when I call Crower to see what size there cams base circles are.