Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedshopmike
popular mail-order ford engine builders.
i hear primarily good things about them from folks in my shop.
a former employee just got a shortblock from them; it checked out and the machine work was nice, and he noted their service was very good and it was priced well.
JYD, the holley spreadbores you are talking about are reman'd q-jets; if you look at hollley's part number, you'll note the last 4 digits are edelbrock's old qjet #'s....(the 65-indicates a reman carb through holley's line)

I've got a 306 in the shop right now that was destined to be a vortec blown engine. DSS built it with dish pistons for just that reason. Well.....guess what. They did not align-hone it, or deck it (it has main studs). The thing was blowing head gaskets left and right. The housing bore on the mains is so far out, that the mains were eating into the crank. The rod bearings looked pretty good considering the metal they had going through them. It was also built with a stock .010/.010 crank (light casting).

Also, not the first one I have seen like it.

Bryan