THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool build but terrible filming. They kept cutting back to the little blocky videos all at once. Annoying - all that artsy-ness gave me a headache.

I think he should have routed the that forward exhaust to come out the fender vents - it would leave a cool flame pattern like a WWII P51 Mustang. Now that would have been neat!

Old 01-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedgoat View Post
Do NASCAR or road race car normally have all those hoses and duct work? The headers are crazy but he says its from the engine set back. I do love the external look of the body. The aesthetics of those lines really do an injustice to his fabrication skills.
Yes NASCAR and road race cars have hoses and duct work, the hoses on a real race car would definitely be routed and bracketed better though. That is a 5 stage drysump so there are going to be a plethora of oil lines. I feel that the lines and lack of organization were probably due to the rush to get it done for SEMA.

I would think out of sight out of mind would have been the justification for not neatening up the stuff that can only be seen when the car is on a lift. I can tell you that those hoses will wear through in short order if they're not properly secured. Now that the car has been shown, it's time to finish it all the way.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 01-07-2019, 11:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
Builder is a true artist.

Incredible work.

Wow!
Agreed.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 01-07-2019, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That was done in a shed, he made the entire suspension besides the spindles. He tig welded it all himself. The kid is wicked talented. Like every build, bugs need to be worked out. He deserves big props for that beast.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like a bowl of stainless braided spaghetti. Impressive build otherwise.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Impressive work, race car, or at least race car inspired. I doubt it would pass tech with all of the stuff hanging underneath though. I would like to see the "shed" that he used to build it. He has some high tech equipment at his availability. I would bet this wasn't built in a metal lean to carport in a cold weather climate.
I think its a pretty cool looing car for what it its, but I dont care for all of the wide body stuff.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

His name finally rang a bell for me...a few years back he built up an older BMW 5 series car that was pictured around the Internet, also a Datsun 260Z. They're of similar construction, very low with very wide wheels that require a lot of camber to fit in the wheelwells. I'm not a big fan of that style but his workmanship was pretty nice on both of them. You can find more pictures of those cars by searching on 'riley stair e28' or 'riley stair 260z'.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That bird is insane! I love it!

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National