THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Look at the tech section, a lot of knowledgable guys that used to post are not around anymore, they moved to other sites that focused more on the Tech.

The catch 22 is once the old school guys get driven away it will appear the site users prefer the new stuff, when in fact PY created that by driving the old school away.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes it is PONTIAC! But the Pontiac that everyone is in love with pretty much died around the mid 70's. All of this late model retro stuff by the manufacturers is about as far away from the originals as comparing two different makes of automobiles....JMO

Old 10-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho60 View Post
All of this late model retro stuff by the manufacturers is about as far away from the originals as comparing two different makes of automobiles....JMO
YES, thank you. This is my point exactly!

1970 GTO 4spd VOE Pepper Green, green int.
1967 LeMans 428 Auto. Blue, black int.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Administrator

For all those that are feel offended, jilted, jealous, annoyed, angry, betrayed etc.

Again........

The Late Model forums will be featured for a while and once the word gets out, we'll put all forums in order from oldest to newest.

For more information on why all the changes, read:

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=736478

If you still don't get it and continue to make the late model Pontiac owner feel unwanted in our community, then you will be contributing to the demise of your own hobby. And I think that would be a pretty selfish thing to do.

Last edited by Ccass; 10-09-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: fixed link
Old 10-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Linky no worky.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
For all those that are feel offended, jilted, jealous, annoyed, angry, betrayed etc.

Again........

The Late Model forums will be featured for a while and once the word gets out, we'll put all forums in order from oldest to newest.

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=736478

If you still don't get it and continue to make the late model Pontiac owner feel unwanted in our community, then you will be contributing to the demise of your own hobby. And I think that would be a pretty selfish thing to do.
As a business owner I can see where your coming from does not mean I have to like it
Thank you again for the wonderful forum, I truely do love it!

Old 10-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
Look at the tech section, a lot of knowledgable guys that used to post are not around anymore, they moved to other sites that focused more on the Tech.

The catch 22 is once the old school guys get driven away it will appear the site users prefer the new stuff, when in fact PY created that by driving the old school away.
Who are these missing "knowledgable" guys? were they lobby posters/insult pundents, flipper builders that can only cut corners long enough? A few fellows have also passed on Life some times gets in the way, no matter how rabid and involved a Pontiac guy. For those of us that don't live our lives with our heads stuck in a smart phone, not all of us can afford to be on here 365 days out of the year.

Personally, hope Chris & PY sell 10's of millions of dollars of stuff geared at the '04-06 Holdens. Many many more millions of $ of exhaust products too! Every bit helps the bottom line & keeping sites like PY up, along w promotion of original muscle era Pontiac & quality parts/feedback for them. Use you mouse, its not that hard. I'm old school myself, & slow to adapt, have never subscribed to a thread, but usually don't have a hard time finding my way back to a thread or to finding the topics of interest to post to. Peace out.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OH WAAA.

Somebody call the Waaambulance!

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Region Warrior For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am a young guy with an old PONTIAC. The old guys didn't start out as old guys. They had young kids and full time jobs just like us young guys (and old guys too). I use their knowledge, a lot of times achieved through trial and error, so that i don't have to do the trial and error thing, you know skip the middle man. But, if i have to figure something out myself, i will. For some of us, the old guys that post, save the rest of us time and sometimes money but, if they left would you quit the hobby? i think not. I spent more time reading the titles of the threads than scroling the main page. You could always push the 'end' button on your keyboard and scroll up! lol. Thanks Chris for doing what you do! And when are you gonna repop 64 gp signal light lenses again? Haha. Gooooooooo Poncho!

My wife says she'd llike my car a lot more if it wasn't mine.

64 Grand Prix 389 .030, 1.65 Scorpion Rollers, Tripower, RARE Long Branch, Custom Stainless Exhaust and mufflers, 3.90 posi 200-4R. 068 cam.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Suspended

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT WHORE View Post
I have to scroll down along ways to get to the street section all of a sudden!
Probably going to get slammed for this but its kind of like seeing the 04-06 GTO's at a GTOAA meet, LAME!!!!!
Since you asked for it:

Perhaps you should ask Chris for a refund for the non-dollars you spend to use PY's Free Forums? Yeah, whatta pain, having to scroll down. Whaa!

Other options include "voting with your feet" and going to "a better Pontiac forum."
Good Luck with that and let us know how that works out for you.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post

Again........

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=736478

Chris, nice read.

A suggestion, if it's possible.
Allow users to group the section orders themselves? Kind of like the "sort by" on other sites.

I've already turned off the ones I don't read but now I have these big red closed banners across the screen to get to sections I do read.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT WHORE View Post
As a business owner I can see where your coming from does not mean I have to like it
Thank you again for the wonderful forum, I truely do love it!
Goat, First off, As a business owner, if I wanted to make a lot of money, 1. I could think of a bunch of better investments than the Late model Pontiac hobby. I'd immediately target the 2005-2013 Mustang market for one. 2. or I'd be content with letting the existing classic Pontiac hobby just run itself into the ground over the next 20 years. So read my various posts in the other topic. Take a quick look at 'PY the early years'

http://www.performanceyears.com/early_py_slideshow.asp

I have been and still am a Pontiac enthusiast just like you.

Secondly, I'm going to quote you here but my answer is directed to all the negative comments. I'm not singling you out.

I agree you have a right to your opinion. That's what these forums have always been about and that's why all these posts will remain here and do not get deleted. However, when your opinion makes those that we've invited to dinner feel unwelcome, well I consider that a little unneighborly. And that is NOT what these forums are about. A while ago, I came up with words for the ticker that has now slid across the top of the forums for close to 20 years now. It says 'Bringing the Pontiac World Together'. The Classic Pontiac hobby has seen some incredible good things happen to it over the last 20 years. And it's because the internet has 'brought the Pontiac world together'! All I'm saying is that if you want to see similar good things happen for the next 20 years, then those words that scroll across the top of the forums have to mean something to all of us! And upon self inspection, if you don't care about what the next 20 years will bring, well then that's a pretty selfish stance. But at the same time if you ARE for having the Pontiac hobby experience another 20 thriving years, nobody's asking you to run out and buy a Corporate Pontiac, but we are imploring that you make these Pontiac owners feel like they are a necessary part of the Pontiac enthusiast community that they ARE. And here's the thing, nobody is asking anyone to sacrifice anything. There's no imposition or inconvenience. There's no harm caused by it. Only good can come of it.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Since you asked for it:

Perhaps you should ask Chris for a refund for the non-dollars you spend to use PY's Free Forums? [/b]
For your info Alvie I purchase all my Pontiac parts from PY whenever possible. I like their parts, service and catalog. Also loyal BECAUSE of this free forum.

Ps I ain't going nowhere.

Last edited by GOAT WHORE; 10-09-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
Chris, nice read.

A suggestion, if it's possible.
Allow users to group the section orders themselves? Kind of like the "sort by" on other sites.

I've already turned off the ones I don't read but now I have these big red closed banners across the screen to get to sections I do read.
Good suggestion. Managing a 50% size increase of our community is a new challenge for us. We'll continue to make improvements to allow ALL our Pontiac enthusiasts to coexist. In the mean time, I feel very strongly that the 'baseball bat' approach we just took is one of several designed at getting everyone's attention in this very important crossroads of our hobby.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Since you asked for it:

Perhaps you should ask Chris for a refund for the non-dollars you spend to use PY's Free Forums? Yeah, whatta pain, having to scroll down. Whaa!

Other options include "voting with your feet" and going to "a better Pontiac forum."
Good Luck with that and let us know how that works out for you.
Alvin, Chill I'm a big boy. I can handle it. Also if Goat didn't speak his mind and everyone else blew smoke up my ass, to quote Ghostbusters. 'it would be bad, very bad'.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:48 PM

Man am I exhausted...I had to push the button 3 times today!!!

Old 10-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

For all of the guys complaining that they have to scroll down the page a bit further, the OTHER side of the coin for us guys that have BOTH OLD and NEW PONTIACS, is that it is very nice to not have to click on another link to get to another page.

Nice that it is all in one place,

Thanks again Cass for a "FREE" place to hang out, converse, buy, sell, and keep up with the hobby.

Stan

Old 10-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A forum, like any TV or computer program, has to be enjoyable to use or people will stop using it. What may seem minor to some is annoying as heck to others, and they will stop watching or using it.

I have no issue with the modern sections being here, but like non stop commercials on certain shows, I'll eventually quit watching because of the unwelcome distractions if they're in the way of enjoying the show.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Administrator

I currently own and drive a 94 trans am and a 08 G8. Why? Because it's a new generation of cars. I love them. Their sporty, efficient, and reliable.

How many 20-somethings can afford a 60s Pontiac? Let alone have it be reliable for everyday use.

I love the old cars too, don't get me wrong. That's why I work here!

I think some are afraid that with the younger crowd comes the aftermarket and import styles.

Trust me. I'm not about that. We're not about that. I've been individually selecting people to represent us from other Pontiac forums. People who are Pontiac guys, first and foremost. People who care about the hobby and their cars as much as you guys do.

PS: I drove a 67 GTO (4 speed 11 sec.) to prom back in high school. One of the best experiences in my life. I couldn't afford that car. So instead, I bought a 94 Trans Am.

I could have bought a Toyota Corolla...but I didn't.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Best of luck growing the forums and the business. I'm a big fan of the late model cars and miss my '04 GTO quite a bit. I'm happy to see you guys paying some attention to that group in order to grow the hobby. I've been passing along your updates and forum changes to the local late model guys, hopefully we'll see a few of them pop up around here.

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)