Old 02-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 65 GTO on auction #221373916189

This car is very nice mainly because it's two tone "AC" paint colors and Original drive train.

The priceless Protecto Plate verifies what it is!

Unfortunately it's not considered a true Survivor because it does not have it's factory applied paint, but it's still really cool! As the seller states, it would not take much to bring it up another level.

Note, I would think it had the CPCV Air Cleaners and Tube to LH valve cover when it was new. Built in Fremont, Ca. and initially sold just down the road in San Jose, Ca.

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=221373916189

Old 02-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

THANK YOU Mr. 8LUG!
I need to learn how to do stuff.

PS - Looks like it still has it's Original hood pad. That's cool!

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.

Last edited by 60sstuff; 02-14-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

60sstuff, as soon as you learn, teach me, guess we're in the same boat.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The owner of that car was at my house this morning. I have seen and driven his '65 convertible: it is a very nice car. He is a straight shooter, and he hates to get rid of the hardtop. However, his family situation requires it. The owner and his father-in-law have both described the car to me as being very nice.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Would he know the dealer name?
(and address?)

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 02-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It would be best to ask him that question on eBay. I might not see him before the auction is over.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:44 PM

Default Need Your Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Taylor View Post
It would be best to ask him that question on eBay. I might not see him before the auction is over.
Would like to ask favor...I run the '65 tripower/4spd registry listed under this forum and I am always looking for PHS documented convertibles. We currently have almost 50 members. The registry is a great platform for members to get technical help, find parts/services and share interesting articles/websites. I often get inquires for cars for sale and have helped two members sell their cars this year. Could you please reach out to your friend and have him either send me an email at wmurrell@comcast.net or call me anytime. I sent him a note through eBay this morning (with my phone number), but sometimes eBay deletes non-auction messages. I would be more than willing to help him network his car for the return favor of joining the registry. Thanks!!

Old 02-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Senior Chief

Default Smog

Question which I'm sure 60Stuff can answer, did the 65 only have the CPCV Air Cleaners and not the air pump as the 66's had?

Old 02-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No air pump on '65's.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmurrell View Post
Would like to ask favor...I run the '65 tripower/4spd registry listed under this forum and I am always looking for PHS documented convertibles. We currently have almost 50 members. The registry is a great platform for members to get technical help, find parts/services and share interesting articles/websites. I often get inquires for cars for sale and have helped two members sell their cars this year. Could you please reach out to your friend and have him either send me an email at wmurrell@comcast.net or call me anytime. I sent him a note through eBay this morning (with my phone number), but sometimes eBay deletes non-auction messages. I would be more than willing to help him network his car for the return favor of joining the registry. Thanks!!
I think he reads this board, but I will try to remember to tell him the next time I see him.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Taylor View Post
I think he reads this board, but I will try to remember to tell him the next time I see him.
He just called me and we are good to go.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is indeed a nice car. However the quality and lighting of the pictures are doing this car an injustice.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloan66 View Post
Question which I'm sure 60Stuff can answer, did the 65 only have the CPCV Air Cleaners and not the air pump as the 66's had?
The CPCV vented Air Cleaners for 1964 (K24) and 1965 (614) GTO's, plus other makes that were "Sold New" in California would have been equipped with just the Air Cleaners and tube into the LH valve cover to help control the "crankcase emissions".

The Air Injection Reactor System (A.I.R.) Smog Pump was to help control the "exhaust emissions" and was first used in 1966.