Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 01-02-2008, 04:35 PM

Default 1967 Grand Prix Rally II's (what's the code?)

I have a 1967 GP Convertible that I bought in the fall of 2007. It currently has new tires mounted on 15" steel rims (GM code KH) with non Pontiac hubcaps. I would like to get some 15" Pontiac Rally II wheels for it. It has power front disk and rear drum brakes. Does anyone know what code or codes of Pontiac Rally II wheels will fit properly on my GP? Preferably I would like to go with 15X7 Rally II"s. Any held would be greatly appreciated!

Also I have seen some information that some older full size Pontiacs have a 5" bolt pattern versus a 4 3/4" bolt pattern. My lugs seem to measure about 3" apart to the next one in the sequence. If I measure every other lug (center to center) they seem to be 4 3/4 inches apart. Is this the 4 3/4 bolt pattern? Thanks in advance!

Old 01-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I MIGHT be willing to sell a pair of 15 x 7 Rally IIs having the Big Car 5" pattern. Pick-up only. 1 is fully power-coated other is painted. Where you located?

Old 01-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by eherzogjr
I have a 1967 GP Convertible that I bought in the fall of 2007. It currently has new tires mounted on 15" steel rims (GM code KH) with non Pontiac hubcaps. I would like to get some 15" Pontiac Rally II wheels for it. It has power front disk and rear drum brakes. Does anyone know what code or codes of Pontiac Rally II wheels will fit properly on my GP? Preferably I would like to go with 15X7 Rally II"s. Any held would be greatly appreciated!

Also I have seen some information that some older full size Pontiacs have a 5" bolt pattern versus a 4 3/4" bolt pattern. My lugs seem to measure about 3" apart to the next one in the sequence. If I measure every other lug (center to center) they seem to be 4 3/4 inches apart. Is this the 4 3/4 bolt pattern? Thanks in advance!
All '65-70 & '71-76 B series Pontiacs use wheels which are 5 on 5 bolt pattern.
To measure, one measures across from center of one stud to the outer edge of stud on opposite side of the axle centering hub.

Here's a truncated history on identifying B series Rally II's...
14x6 rally II code JB (next to valvestem) is the 1st B series rallyII wheel.
Very hard to find, as the only 5 on 5 14" rally II to come out of Pontiac. First released as a '68 wheel, but may have been avail on late '67 B series.

5 on 5 15x6 rally II's with 5 spoke centers (same diam as a 14" rally II) were introduced for '69. These have the big lip outer rim & from a quick glance, look like '70 1/2-72 TransAm rally II's. This style B series wheel were optional from '69 through '72, code JY by the valvestem. am always buying & selling this version, though not that easy to find anymore in nice shape, as many have wallowed out lug nut holes. Riding on big heavy B series coupled with being subjected to decades of impact installation have destroyed tons of JY's, gotta ck 'em close, before buying them.

For 1973, B series 15x6 Rally II 5 on 5's were 1st stamped up with the generic large centers. Code KY by the valvestem. This code stuck around through '76.

15x7 5 on 5 rally II's weren't produced till late '70's. Have several in the stacks, have to ck the code, one of two or three out of 34 dfferent rally II codes I always forget

Last edited by 'ol Pinion head; 01-02-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:58 AM

Default Thanks

Awesome information. I appreciate the verbose reply. Now I just have to find a good set.
Thanks,
Ed

Old 01-03-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud
I MIGHT be willing to sell a pair of 15 x 7 Rally IIs having the Big Car 5" pattern. Pick-up only. 1 is fully power-coated other is painted. Where you located?

West Chester, Ohio - Probably too far to drive

Old 01-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior