THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-05-2023, 02:11 AM

Default Anyone running NDRL Nostalgia Drags?

I have been put off by how complicated and little seat time you get in NHRA racing nowadays especially with a slower street friendly set up (11.50 to 12.00 ET)

Then I came across the Nostalgia Drag Racing League (NDRL) and one specific class is tempting , Modified Production, while it does not have much to do with the good ole days of NHRA ME and MP of the 70s , I really like the rules , Anyonehas experience with these guys?

MODIFIED PRODUCTION
Class Rules:
1 Must be Super Stock and Modified Eliminator cars representative of the 60s and 70s.
2 Manual transmissions ONLY and MUST LAUNCH WITH THE CLUTCH by the driver.
3 No delay boxes, No pedal magnets, No air or electric shifters.
4 Two step rev limiters allowed.
5 Safety rules per NHRA ET/MPH requirements.
6 Race on an index format with ladder based on qualifying. All bye runs are given to lowest
7 qualifier. Bye run is kept until used then next bye run determined by best reaction time.
8 Class designation and ET (must be on TECH CARD and WINDOWS prior to first qualifying run.)

AAA/MP-8.75 AA/MP-9.00 A/MP-9.25 B/MP-9.50 C/MP-9.75 D/MP-10.00 E/MP-10.25
F/MP-10.50 G/MP-10.75 H/MP-11.00 I/MP-11.25 J/MP-11.50 K/MP-11.75 L/MP-12.00

Below pertains to all classes!
In keeping with the nostalgic drag racing era the following are absolute in all classes:
• NO TRACTION CONTROL*
• NO DELAY OR CROSS OVER BOXES*
• NO OPERATIONAL THROTTLE STOP CONTROLLERS*
• NO BUMP BOXES*
• NO EFI*
• NO NOS*

Old 03-05-2023, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Took my 63 Tempest 421sd to a Nostalgia Super Stock race in Wis. couple years back. They had a 4 speed class on Fri. night. Really drew a big crowd of spectators. Kool.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beemergary For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2023, 11:54 PM

I like the fact that all cars running modified production have to be manual. NDLR rules are simple and very inclusive if you dont mind leaving your eletronics at home.

Compared to stock or ss class racing which is very strict with component you can run. i think I could run the slower indexes in NDLR and not get bankrupt...even drive the car to the events.

Peter